Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3570 - Keep having to disconnect and reconnect

Aarnii
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a problem with my dongle (K3570). I can connect to 3G (with a low signal though) or to GRPS (with good signal), but the connection will then be lost after 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes...it varies. I have to click on "Disconnect" and then "Connect" for the connection to reinitialize and work again for other 2 minutes or so. This is really annoying as I always need to connect, disconnect, reconnect to be able to browse the Internet.

Could you please help ?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

mattcool09
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a problem with my dongle (K3570). I can connect to 3G (with a low signal though) or to GRPS (with good signal), but the connection will then be lost after 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes...it varies. I have to click on "Disconnect" and then "Connect" for the connection to reinitialize and work again for other 2 minutes or so. This is really annoying as I always need to connect, disconnect, reconnect to be able to browse the Internet.

Could you please help ?

Thanks

I know what you feel like, because I am having the same problem but with me it's been refusing to connect quite often.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Guys,

To be honest the issue could be down to the signal strength in your areas and the local sites "breathing" depending on traffic, can you confirm if this happens all of the time or mostly at certain times of the day?

does this happen in all locations?

Can you give us the post codes of the areas it happens in?

James
eForum Team

Aarnii
Not applicable
Hi,

This happens all of the time, not only during peak times.
Post code: W14 8SJ.

Is there anything we could do about it ?

Aarnii

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey Aarnii,

Thanks for the postcode.

I've checked coverage and this appears to be great for both 3 and 2g.

Your serving site is referenced 1879 and is situated to the North West of your postcode at Olympia on Olympia Way. I've checked the site stats and all appears to be fine, in fact there is a 0% dropped connection rate in the last 2 hours.

Have you tried the dongle in a different machine? If not, could you give that a go for me and could you also try it in different locations?

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Aarnii
Not applicable
Well, what's strange is that sometimes I disconnect completely. But quite often too, I can't browse anymore, but I am still connected to Skype or MSN. I can still chat while my browser will not be able to find websites' servers.

I tried it at a different location one week ago and from what I remember it worked quite well.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Aarnii,

Do you see anything different when your connection stays active but fails to locate servers? Is there a sudden drop in signal, for example, or does this happen at specific times whilst complete drop-outs happen at others? Is one (or are both) triggered at all by specific events?

Also, as LeeH suggested, have you tried different machines with the dongle?

Finally, can you confirm the computer's operating system and the version of VMC you are currently using, just in case either of these can point the way?

DaveN

eForum Team

Aarnii
Not applicable
Hi,

No, there is nothing different...the connection just stopps suddenly when I am browsing websites. No drop in signal or whatever. No specific events.
But the connection seems to last longer as long as I don't browse and don't open new websites' pages...if I just chat or whatever.

I did not try on a different machine yet. Need to find one...but I have only one laptop...

I am using Windows Vista Professionnel SP2 and VMB Lite 10.0.201.23143.

Thanks,
Aarnii

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey Aarnii,

Thanks for coming back to us.

You might want to try the latest UK approved full fat version of VMC, available form our Business website. You'll need version 9.4.6 rather than the version you are using.

Let us know about the other machine if you manage to get your hands on one.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Aarnii
Not applicable
Hi,

just to let you know that I think I have solved my issue.
It may have been caused by the software Hamachi. When I turned off all the connections created by Hamachi, the mobile connection is fine and I don't have to disconnect and reconnect every 2 minutes.

Aarnii