Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3570-Z - not enabled

MalletsMallet
Not applicable
Hi,

Bought pay as you go mobile broadband kit today. The installer seemed to run fine, but the connect button is greyed out for the mobile connection (in mobile broadband lite).

On the devices screen, the k5370 is not enabled and I cannot tick the box to enable it. I live in a strong signal area and the device has a light blue flashing light which I believe is a good thing.

Hope I'm missing something obvious!
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
HI MalletsMallet and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this.

Have you tried the modem in differen USB ports?

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Try downloading the latest version of the Vodafone Mobile Connect software from our website - Vodafone Mobile Connect

Let me know how you get on and if you have any more questions we'll be more than happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

MalletsMallet
Not applicable
Hi,

I attached the K3570-Z to my work's laptop (XP service pack 3) and it worked out of the box so this kept me going for a while and I'm satisfied that the device/SIM is not faulty.

I'm now unable to use my company laptop for a couple of weeks, and I'm still unable to get the K3570-Z working on my own laptop (also XP servicepack 3). The device is detected, there are no error messages or device manager warnings. However, I still do not get the option to connect (the button is greyed out in Vodaphone mobile broadband lite).

Wayne suggested downloading the latest software from your website. However, I have the following 3 problems:

1. v10.0.201 is flagged as not being compatible with UK settings.
2. The version I have installed (from the dongle) appears to be 10.0.201.23143.
2. v9.4.6 (recommended for UK) does not list the 3570 as a compatible device

Also, I'm not going to have home ADSL access for a few weeks so any suggestions that do not require downloading large installers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi MalletsMallet,

Thank you for your reply. I notice that you mention you're using XP Service Pack 3, as such I may know what's causing your issue.

Some versions of Windows XP Service Pack 3 come with Windows Media Centre, if this is set to automatically startup then it can interfere with the modem and prevent you from connecting. If this is the cause of your issue, then all you need to do is to disable it's startup to resolve your issue. This can be done as follows:

-Go To Start > Run
-Type in services.msc and hit enter
-Look for any instances of Media Centre, if it's present you'll see three of them (extender, scheduler, receiver)
-Right click each one individually and then click stop
-Right click each one again and click properties
-Ensure the Startup type is set to disabled
-Once you've done all three, unplug your modem and reboot your PC

Once you've booted up again, plug the modem in and you should be able to connect. Give that a go and let me know how you get on :).

George
eForum Team

MalletsMallet
Not applicable
Thanks George - that was indeed the problem.