Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3570Z Device loss

gobiker56
Not applicable
Hi, I have a 3g dongle and it randomly keeps losing the device, I have to wait until it finds it again. I have installed the latest software from you and removed all usb composite devices yet it still keeps losing the device. Can you advise please. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

gobiker56
Not applicable
I have exported msinfo32 file and attached it. Thank you for your help.

G

gobiker56
Not applicable
Has this been forgotten? I am still having problems and it has gone on a bit now. Getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks

G

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Gphwar and thanks for your post

We have not forgotten the issue but are yet to come up with a solution to the device 'drop out'. Your logs do not seem to show any obvious issues, the issue may simply be a hardware compatibility or something to do with the physical USB ports associated with your PC.

A total lack of connection may have been easier to diagnose, however successful yet dropping out connections don't provide any obvious connectivity 'alarms'.

The only safe thing I can advise is to attempt a new administrator profile on your computer, re-install the VMC software and see if the issue prevails. Either it's a compatibility issue or some other system is interfering with the modem connection.

Also try going into your control panel> Phone and modems> Advanced tab> and seeing how many 'modems' show up.

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team