Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3765 - Constant Disconnection

Gehirn
Not applicable
I use a K3765 USB modem.

Problem: Same problem that appears to have not been fixed for 3 years as shown by the issue being present on the forums, how that is possible I will never understand.
The mobile broadband is constantly disconnecting (Message: "Connection Not Possible"). Occurs every time I connect, happens within 1 - 20 minutes after connection is established.

Solutions tried: Every solution I could possibly find on the forums I have tried. None of the official solutions worked, a couple of the user suggested ones worked for a few days. Uninstalled, removed devices, disabled duplicates in device manager, deleted network connections and modems, reinstalled, installed latest version of VMC, used VMC lite that came with the modem.

Same problem. No fix. It's always the same story with Vodafone users.
"Was great when I started but then started getting disconnected all the time" So of course after the 14 day return period the problem starts and you're locked in to the contract.

If the issue can be fixed then please I'm implore you to prove me wrong, I want a solution. No one should be paying for something that has been broken for years.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Gehirn and welcome to the eForum. :)

I am sorry to see you're having issues with your modem, but I do not know of any general issues with the symptoms you've described.:unsure:

I've a few questions I need to ask to assist you with this:

Does this happen in all locations or one specific location?

If it's a specific location, what's the postcode there?

Have you tried your dongle on a different laptop, and if so, did that still disconnect?

What OS is on your laptop, and which version of VMC are you using?

If you can kindly post the replies to these I will be able to assist you further.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Gehirn
Not applicable
Does this happen in all locations or one specific location?
I've only been using this modem in one location. I have the modem connected to a cable high up next to an open window, the issue occurs whether the modem is directly connected to the PC/laptop or not.

If it's a specific location, what's the postcode there?

I'm in Australia, postcode 2168. Australia doesn't have a help forum as far as I can tell.

Have you tried your dongle on a different laptop, and if so, did that still disconnect?
I have tried this modem on a PC and a laptop, same effect after a couple of weeks of good usage.

What OS is on your laptop, and which version of VMC are you using?
The PC has XP SP3 and I have used VMC 9.4.6/10/and an earlier version. The laptop has been using Vista. The laptop now uses Win 7 and so does another PC I own. On those computers you can't even connect to the network at all. I've looked it up and it's an issue that VMC has with windows 7. I have formatted the Win 7 PC clean and installed VMC v10. Still could not connect.

So 1 PC = XP
1 laptop/1 PC = 7

jarviser
15: Advanced member
A few suggestions that may or may not help.

I am using Win 7 with VMC (full-fat) version 10 downloaded from the VF business site. Works fine. If you have the choice though, always go for 32 bit Win7 when using Huawei as they only just got thgeir heads round 64bit. Gawd help us when 128bit Win 8 comes out!

Dongles do disconnect at the best of times, happens with all ISPs. Can just be Sod's law.

Also (and I know it does not fit the elimination work you have done) using a USB cable more than 1.5 metres can cause loss of voltage and disconnection with some dongles. There's an article referenced in my site here that illustrates what some people have resorted to! Also make sure the USB sockets and modems are not set to go into power save mode (Google "USB Power Save").

Tried a powered USB hub?

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Gehirm,

Jarviser is spot on here however as you are not a Vodafone UK customer we don't have access to your account or the network information where you are and this support would need to be taken from them directly.

Give the suggestion a go and let us know how you get on.

James
eForum Team

jarviser
By the way the dongle will work in a USB powered hub - I just tried it, on my old E160E which is the same as the Huawei K3565 and possibly similar to yours . (See pic attached)