Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4203 not connecting on Macbook

jencsword
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Using a Macbook Pro OS X EI Capitan 10.11.2, with Vodafone Mobile Broadband 4.10.16.0. Having read the readme.txt my modem is supported using this version. The modem is Huawei K4203. The software sees the device but cannot connect to the network?
Any ideas? Oh plus in my System Preferences\Network the modem is on the list but not connected. The modem does work on my Windows 10 laptop.

14 REPLIES 14

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@prfg - It sounds like the dongle isn’t compatible with the new OS that you’re using.

You can keep checking back online for any driver updates, which should fix this.

In the mean time, one option you have is to roll back the OS on your MAC until an update is available.

I've got the same problem.

I had a properly working K4510 USB stick which stopped working after upgrade to OSX El Captain.

My IT staff ordered a newer USB stick from Vodafone, the K4203, which also does not work on El Captain.

A rollback to an earlier OSX version is a NoGo, what else can be done?

Is there any Vodafone USB VMB stick that will work with El Captain or do I have to look for another provider?

@jbroer - We don't have a timescale for when updates will be availble - in the meantime a Mobile Wi-Fi could be an option.

Hi there

I am running el Capitan and the usb dongle K4203 Huawei was not recognized and I tried
all the fixes above but to no avail.

I finally stumbled on the link below

http://help.vodacom.co.za/personal/faq/1110086/Vodafone-Mobile-Connect-Software--Mac-OS-X-El-Capitan...

which takes you to the Vodafone site below

Vodafone Mobile Connect Software - Mac OS X El Capitan

I downloaded VMB 4.10.15.00.zip from the site , installed

and everything worked like a charm.

However , I fail to see why it should take 2 frustrating days to install a simple

mobile broadband stick , Vodafone  smarten up....

For me it was reason enough to turn away from Vodafone.

Regards, 

Jack