Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K5150 Dongle With Draytek 2860 Router + Signal Quality + APN Settings

garryberesford
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have a Draytek 2860 router and I just purchased a K5150 dongle to run as a backup for our broadband failing as there is lots of construction nearby and internet has been intermittant.

The dongle is a PAYG (5gb for 90 days) - someone mentioned it may need to be a contract sim used rather than PAYG. I wanted to test it worked before committing to a contract. Is this correct or shoule it be working on PAYG ?

I have added The following settings but still cannot get it to connect:
SIM PIN code = 0000 (also tried leaving blank)
APN: pp.internet (also tried 'internet' 
PPP user/pwd: web 

In addition to this the signal we are receiving is mainly GPRS, so I was considering a SureSignal. Would this be useable with the above ?

2 REPLIES 2

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@garryberesford

Yes it should be work on Pay as you go. I'd recommend checking the dongle settings as well as connecting it to a PC/laptop. This will ensure its set up correctly. 

With the step up you currently have we cannot guarantee that a Sure Signal will definitely work. You do have a 14 day cooling off period with all Vodafone products, so you could always give it a try :Smiling:

Thanks for that. I eventually got it working by changing from PPP to DHCP and using pp.vodafone.co.uk with web/web.

It is strange that I am getting a 4G signal today - I will monitor over the coming days/weeks.

Cheers.