cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Can I use Contract SIM in PAYG dongle?

Becks88215
Not applicable
Hi guys, Im new on here! Unfortunately I have only signed up in a grump and at the last straw! I have for 3 months now been paying for my vodafone contract not using 1mb of internet as my dongle broke! It broke through general wear and tear, not stood on, or dropped off a twenty story building, or smashed with a hammer, just general daily use! I have contacted vodafone countless times through phone, and had some not very helpful responses, then finally thought my luck was in when I got told they would send me a repair envelope, for them to take three weeks, then tell me as its due to physical damage they cant do anything. I then rang the number again, and stayed on hold (getting charged extra from my mobile contract for doing so) and was on hold for about 20 minutes before being cut off. The one question I would really like to get answered is this:

Can I get a payg dongle and put my contract sim into it, have been told different things by various different staff members throughout all of this and am fed up of paying for a contract I am not using at all!

Sorry to be really whiny!

Just a fed up customer!

Becks
8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
You would be able to use your mobile broadband contract SIM and a PAYG dongle but the settings would need to be changed.

Here is a previous thread asking the same question which has been answered by an admin.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/57931-vodafone-mobile-broadband-will-my-pay-monthly-sim-work-in-a-...

Becks88215
Not applicable
Did not know other people could change my topics!!

AnnS

Did not know other people could change my topics!!

The reason for this is in the following thread from the forum.

http://forum.vodafon...ing-the-eforum/

I gave you the correct answer and linked you to the relevant thread.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Becks88215, welcome to the eforum!

AnnieS is spot on in both cases - thanks AnnieS!:)

Best of all, the second question - changing topic titles - is somethimng we do so that others can find threads and chip in or find solutions more easily - which is how AnnieS was able to find the thread and help you.

It all comes together, you see.;)

DaveN

eForum Team

Becks88215
Not applicable
Oh ok cool. Well I seem to be getting somewhere now, am bidding on an ex contract one on ebay!

Becks88215
Not applicable
I wonder if you could help me with this? I have now bought the dongle, its working (ish) but it came with no disc and the dongle wont load up the actual vmc lite programme, so far I am having to open the folders and click explore, then randomly clicking them til one of them works. This process is taking me about an hour to start up internet! Please help! :D

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Becks88215

Brilliant news that you have now go the dongle, I am sure we can get this sorted for you.

You will need an internet connection to get this working, but you can download the VMC V9.4.6, this should then get this working correctly for you :D

If you can let us know how you getting on that would be great.

Thanks

Martin
eForum Team

Becks88215
Not applicable
Hi Martin,

Internet now working and programme installed correctly!! Very glad Im not throwing money away now! And I can actually complete my degree in comfort instead of borrowing P.C's! Thankyou very much for your help!