Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Connection timeout

nickelliott
Not applicable
Hello all

I had some problems with VMC on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, so as an alternative, I tried installing the Icon 431 driver from option.com which enables Windows to manage the connection.

The device is recognised, Vodafone UK shows up as an available network, and I've set the APN to 'internet' and the username and password to 'web', so I feel I'm almost there. However, If I try to connect, I get a connecting dialog for a few minutes, and then it times out.

I realise I'm slightly on my own as I'm not using the Vodafone software, but I was wondering whether anyone here knows of any other settings that need to be made, perhaps in the adaptor settings dialog for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ta

Nick
5 REPLIES 5

jarviser
15: Advanced member

Hello all

I had some problems with VMC on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, so as an alternative, I tried installing the Icon 431 driver from option.com which enables Windows to manage the connection.

The device is recognised, Vodafone UK shows up as an available network, and I've set the APN to 'internet' and the username and password to 'web', so I feel I'm almost there. However, If I try to connect, I get a connecting dialog for a few minutes, and then it times out.

I realise I'm slightly on my own as I'm not using the Vodafone software, but I was wondering whether anyone here knows of any other settings that need to be made, perhaps in the adaptor settings dialog for example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ta

Nick

Are you on monthly contract ('INTERNET') or one of the PAYG tarrifs? (3GB/30Day is 'PPBUNDLE.INTERNET')

Is the dial number set to *99#

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Nick e

Welcome to the eForum :D it is always good to see new faces on here.

The extra information by jarviser is spot on thanks for that. The only difference is if you have an old version of the PAYT mobile broadband when there wasn't an expiry date to use the data. If you have this the difference would be pp.internet insteaad of ppbundle.internet.

You can download the latest VMC software onto you computer from www.business.vodafone.net

If you have any further questions please let me know :D

Martin
eForum Team

nickelliott
Not applicable
Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

Are you on monthly contract ('INTERNET') or one of the PAYG tarrifs? (3GB/30Day is 'PPBUNDLE.INTERNET')

Is the dial number set to *99#

No, the dial number wasn't set to that. In fact I don't think it was set to anything. I opened the Network and Sharing Centre, opened the Properties dialog for the adaptor, clicked the Configure button and on the Advanced tab set the Phonenumber variable to *99#. Is that correct? Unfortunately, I still get the same timeout.

Am I supposed to enter the dial number somewhere else? Any other ideas?

BTW, I'm on a Business pay monthly tariff.

Thanks for your time

Nick

jarviser
I think you need to use third party software OR Windows dial-up, but probably not a mixture. If you want to try plain Windows Dial-up look at this - it gives all the settings required.

nickelliott
Not applicable
Hi there

I think you need to use third party software OR Windows dial-up, but probably not a mixture. If you want to try plain Windows Dial-up look at this - it gives all the settings required.

Ahh... That's the information I needed. It's working perfectly now.

Many thanks

Nick