Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - K3565 USB Stick

Ochil20
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a K3565 USB stick modem which I have been using with my Samsung NC10 Netbook for quite a while now. I have kept the software for both up to date.

A few weeks ago the modem stopped working and I was unable to connect to the internet. It still shows that it is receiving a signal and the software still recognises it.

I eventually 'phoned technical support who told me that the modem was no longer supported and I should buy a new one.

I did this and bought a K3570-z USB stick modem. I have not been able to install the application which is installed on the stick, as after several minutes it 'rolls back' and uninstalls itself!

What I would like to ask -

Is there any way my old modem can be made to work, and if not;

How do I make the new one work.

I would rather keep the old one if possible as the top up credit doesn't expire after 30- days.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ochil20 and welcome to the Vodafone eForum. :)

I have a few questions that will help me assist you with this query:

Which version of VMC are you using at the moment?

Is there any pattern to when your old modem stopped working, i.e. change of firmware/software/OS update etc?

What OS do you have on your NC10?

Do you get any error code when trying to use either modem?

I'd suggest trying both of your modems on a different laptop/PC, just so an equipment error can be discounted.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Ochil20
Not applicable

Hi Ochil20 and welcome to the Vodafone eForum.

I have a few questions that will help me assist you with this query:

Which version of VMC are you using at the moment?

Is there any pattern to when your old modem stopped working, i.e. change of firmware/software/OS update etc?

What OS do you have on your NC10?

Do you get any error code when trying to use either modem?

I'd suggest trying both of your modems on a different laptop/PC, just so an equipment error can be discounted.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

My NC10 is running Windows XP which is up to the current version and service pack.

When my old stick stopped working, I downloaded the latest version of VMC from your website and tried that without success.

I don't get any error codes when I try to use either stick.

I have been able to instal the new stick on my desktop PC and connect successfully.

I have tried both the version of VMC supplied with the new stick and the version on your website (V9.4.6), neither of which will instal on my NC10. When I do try to instal I get the 'rolling back' message.

I have tried uninstalling VMC and re-installing both versions a number of times.

I really don't know what caused the old stick to stop working, although the NC10 is set to download updates for Windows and other applications automatically.

I have tried to operate it in my destop PC, but it seems that it is not compatible with the newer versions of VMC.

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ochil20

Hmm this sounds ominous.

The software should connect or supply you with an error message,
Does the new modem even search for signal?

can you explain step by step exactly how you are connecting? there must be an error number

Could you also post your ms32info logs so we can see exactly whats happening with the hardware?

- Go to Start Menu
- Type msinfo32 in the search bar and hit return to open the System Configuration Utility
- Select File and Export
- Enter a file name and save the file

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Ochil20
Not applicable

Hi Ochil20

Hmm this sounds ominous.

The software should connect or supply you with an error message,
Does the new modem even search for signal?

can you explain step by step exactly how you are connecting? there must be an error number

Could you also post your ms32info logs so we can see exactly whats happening with the hardware?

- Go to Start Menu
- Type msinfo32 in the search bar and hit return to open the System Configuration Utility
- Select File and Export
- Enter a file name and save the file

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Hi

I've attached the log you requested.

When I insert the stick into the USB slot it seems to find the network as the blue light flashes. I've never been able to instal the VMC so I haven't had any error messages.

Thanks