Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - K365 slow speed

THUNDERBOLLOCKS
Not applicable
Hi there.

I purchased one of these approx a year ago and was surprisingly good at the beginning for the first couple of months but is now pretty much useless!

I travel the country quite a bit and when I've swapped the driver seat with my work partner I like to use the internet on my net book with the mentioned internet dongle. It was fine even when on the move.
Granted it would drop signal now and again which was expected but within a couple of miles I'd usually be re-connected and surfing once again.

Now this is not the case, its extremely difficult to connect to the internet and once connected the connection will maybe last the first page load and then by the time I've clicked on the next page, the connection is rapidly dropping to 0.0 kbps and then is impossible to re-connect even if I have a full signal.
This does not only happen on the move, it does the exact same even if I'm stationary and in a full signal area.

Nothing I do has changed since the problem occurred so could somebody please tell me that its something simple like a sim update or something similar???

This appears to be a common fault on here and if this useless dongle cannot be sorted I will have no other choice other than to purchase another on a different network.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi THUNDER1

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum. :)

I'm sorry to see your having issues with your modem. :(

There could be a number of reasons that could be causing this issue, from a faulty SIM, Modem or even issues with the VMC software.

I suggest the 1st thing to try would be an update of the VMC software to the latest version. A change of SIM is also advisable. If there are any particular problematic areas for coverage, advice me of the postcodes and I can look into coverage and also any outstanding faults.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

THUNDERBOLLOCKS
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply.

The first problem to overcome is how to update the software of the dongle if I cannot connect to the internet with it???

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi THUNDER1,

If you have no other means of internet access at home the next best thing would be to look at a oplace that has free WIFI ( Mcdonalds etc) or even download it onto a USB Storage device from your local library or a friends house and install it onto your own PC that way.

James
eForum Team

THUNDERBOLLOCKS
Not applicable
Right, so when I can get it plugged into a PC with internet connection, what do I need to do then to get rid of the all to common ras code 619 problem?

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi THUNDER1

Updating to the newest VMC software is a possible solution for a 619 error. :)

Other possibilities are:

Faulty SIM
Poor coverage area
Incorrrect APN set up on device
Or a software clash with Bluetooth, infared or any other connection tool that's running on the computer

In some cases a 619 error is just temporary, and a restart of your system and reconnection can resolve this.

Give these atry and let me know how you get on, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team