cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Outgoing settings for emial?

bryan13
Not applicable
I have a vodafone pay as you go dongle for my laptop. Until recentely i could send and receive my plus.net emails via outlook express. However now i can only receive. The settings i used previously were
outgoing server send.vodafone.net
incoming server mail.plus.net

However i have seen on this forum that the send.vodafone is now decommissioned and replaced by a 360 system..

How do i send emails?
8 REPLIES 8

bryan13
Not applicable
I have had no replies to my posting. Can the vodafone administrator give me the outgoing server details so i can progress this.

Thanks very much

Bryan

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Bryan,

First things first, a very warm welcome tot he eForum family! I hope you become a regular in future ;)

As you've already discovered, we have indeed decommisioned the outdated vodafone.net service in favour of our current 360 option. It's a great tool for backing up and organising your contacts online as well as use secure emails so I'm confident you'll enjoy the benefits the update has brought.

The new details you'll need to update to are as follows:

Outgoing Server smtp.360.com

Outgoing Server Port: 465

Outgoing Server requires authentication (SSL)

Use the 360 username and password as the authentication.

I trust this helps but if you need any further settings which you can't find on here, be sure to get in touch.

Cheers, Ben
eForum Team

bryan13
Not applicable
Ben

Thanks for info but still cannot get to send but can still receive. I have outgoing server smpt.360.com, port 465 and ssl. The failure message says 'connection to server failed socket error 10061 and error no Ox800CCC0E'

Can you help?

Bryan

bacupian
4: Newbie

Ben

Thanks for info but still cannot get to send but can still receive. I have outgoing server smpt.360.com, port 465 and ssl. The failure message says 'connection to server failed socket error 10061 and error no Ox800CCC0E'

Can you help?

Bryan

Have you registered and confirmed your 360.com account?

Above you have "smpt.360.com" as outgoing server instead of "smtp.360.com"

David

################
360.com OE6 setup

General/Mail Account/smtp.360.com

Servers/Outgoing mail (SMTP)/smtp.360.com

Servers/My server requires authentication = tick

Servers/My server requires authentication/Settings
Log on using = ticked
Account name = your 360.com username
Password = your 360.com password
Remember password = ticked

Advanced/Outgoing mail (SMTP)/465
Advanced/Outgoing mail/This server requires SSL = ticked

bryan13
Not applicable
David

Thanks

I have registered and checked i can log onto 360.

smpt was a typo All ok on settings.

Bryan

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi bryan13,

Thank you for your reply. We've not got any issues with the 360 Outgoing Server at present and I know this works via Outlook Express from personal experience. I suspect that you may just be missing a setting somewhere. The settings that bacupian has given are spot on so I'd recommend double checking them with a fine toothcomb for the slightest error as just a dot in the wrong place would mean it fails.

If these are definitely correct then I'd recommend signing up for another 360 account and then using the user settings for that one.

Give those suggestions a go and keep us updated with your progress :).

George
eForum Team

bryan13
Not applicable
George

I removed all my settings and started from scratch and it worked. When doing so i noticed i had ticked SPA (Secure Password Authentication) as well as SSL. (i thought they were the same) Perhaps removing SPA did it but the main thing is it works now.

Thnks very much for your help.

Now in communication from a narrowboat on a canal in the middle of nowhere.

Over and out

Bryan

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi bryan13,

I'm pleased to hear that your issue is now resolved. Removing SPA would definitely have done it for you :).

If you do need any further assistance then don't hesitate to ask. Also, if you'd like to leave any feedback then please click the link in my signature :).

George
eForum Team