Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - k4505 constant disconnections

SamBurg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
hello,

just upgraded to the new modem on my contract. i had a real fight on my hands getting the thing to work to start off with reinstall, uninstall, reboot, reinstall etc etc etc.

the orginal problem was, the software would say i'm connected only the modem is flashing (so NOT connected) and no webpage loads. so, i replug in the old modem and bingo we have internet. so plug in the new one and suddenly it works!

Anyway,
i finally get it working and, it only to be connected for 5 mins. software says its working but the modem is flashing ... again, and no webpage will load.
so, i unplug, replug reconnect.
and i'm connected for 10 mintues, modem flashes. rinse repeat early step.

(dissconnected twice while writing this.)

currently using the VMB 10 version, windows 7,

1 REPLY 1

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Elixia,

I can imagine that this must be rather frustrating for you, I'm confident that a solution can be found though :).

It's possible that the issue may be happening because you're using version 10 of VMB. This version currently hasn't been approved for use with Vodafone UK modems. As such, I'd recommend uninstalling it via Control Panel > Programs and Features. Once you've done this try downloading VMC 9.4.6 and let me know how you get on :).

George
eForum Team