Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Connect Problems (mac?)

lollypop_43
Not applicable
im having issues all of a sudden with mobile connect, once ive clicked on the icon its decided not to open and im not sure why. I would uninstall but as it stands the internet is still working and i dont really want to jeopardise that, if anyones got any ideas, thay'll be welcome???
26 REPLIES 26

ijones
Not applicable
Hi All.
Sounds like I've the same problem.
The USB stick worked fine til last week.
Now when I launch the iocon it bounces for about 2 minutes.
The VMC stick connects fine and I can open browser and get full speed data transfer.
I cannot get the VMC window to open. (I usualy use this to check signal 3G strength and when abroad use the menu to browse other available networks and connect manualy).
I cannot open the VMC menu at the top of the screen. This also means I cannot quit VMC and the mac will not shut down until I do. I therefore have to force quit the software each time.

I'm a Macbook Pro user.
E172 USB Stick
I've read through all the comss on this and tried the following.
1. Updated OS to version 10.5.6
2. Tried reinstalling latest VMC software online.
3. Checked user admin. Loged out- loged back in.
4. Removed VMC from the modem list.
Question..
Where can I find the un-installer (in the install software prog) talked about?
Which version of VMC should we now be using? (currently trying Ver 2.08.05.04 for mac)

Any ideas? IAN

Found the uninsall dropdown box!
Will try new install

ijones
Not applicable
Found the uninsall dropdown box!
Will try new install

ALL NOW FINE. Thanks

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ian and welcome to the eForum,

Thanks for letting us know that this one is sorted and well done on not letting it beat you.

All the best and if there's anything else you need why not take a look at our Help Centre?

Lee

eForum Team

g.harper
Not applicable
Hi All.
Sounds like I've the same problem.
The USB stick worked fine til last week.
Now when I launch the iocon it bounces for about 2 minutes.
The VMC stick connects fine and I can open browser and get full speed data transfer.
I cannot get the VMC window to open. (I usualy use this to check signal 3G strength and when abroad use the menu to browse other available networks and connect manualy).
I cannot open the VMC menu at the top of the screen. This also means I cannot quit VMC and the mac will not shut down until I do. I therefore have to force quit the software each time.

I'm a Macbook Pro user.
E172 USB Stick
I've read through all the comss on this and tried the following.
1. Updated OS to version 10.5.6
2. Tried reinstalling latest VMC software online.
3. Checked user admin. Loged out- loged back in.
4. Removed VMC from the modem list.
Question..
Where can I find the un-installer (in the install software prog) talked about?
Which version of VMC should we now be using? (currently trying Ver 2.08.05.04 for mac)

Any ideas? IAN

Ian,

The Vodafone MC Installer is a standard Vise wrapper - re-run the installer & click on the drop-down at the top that says 'easy install'; the other option there is to uninstall. I don't know whether it was this or running Onyx (a good idea to do that anyway from time to time if your Unix housekeeping is not on a Cron job), but my system's working again.

From these posts there's clearly a fault in the software somewhere, but it's vague enough to be a nightmare to track down I suspect.

Gwynne

dvdmgsr
Not applicable
Ian,

The Vodafone MC Installer is a standard Vise wrapper - re-run the installer & click on the drop-down at the top that says 'easy install'; the other option there is to uninstall. I don't know whether it was this or running Onyx (a good idea to do that anyway from time to time if your Unix housekeeping is not on a Cron job), but my system's working again.

From these posts there's clearly a fault in the software somewhere, but it's vague enough to be a nightmare to track down I suspect.

Gwynne

It's been solved. Go here (thanks to someone who provided this information in a separate thread, not to mention Christian Draghici, the author of this blog):

http://blog.dv8.ro/2008/10/when-vodafone-m...refuses-to.html

It simply amazes me that this problem has been solved for six months (note the date of the blog post) and yet Vodafone and Vodafone support apparently knows nothing about it, and has done nothing to fix it. I bought my modem less than a month ago.

Thanks for nothing, Vodafone!

chrispink
Not applicable
The best way to track your usage is to sign up for online billing on vodafone.co.uk

This doesn't work, the system won't send the security code when the phone is offline (ie the mobile connect card is in use).

Your suggestion? You are a representative of Vodafone, no? Your suggestion is that to find out how much data i have left is to register in a system that does it best to make it difficult for me to do so.

I have a 3 account as well, to find out my balance - easy.

My account is past it's initial year, i shall be leaving Vodafone unless someone sorts this out soon.

Why am i continually reminding you that I AM A CUSTOMER - and one of many years, any economist will tell you i am worth keeping hold of.

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
This doesn't work, the system won't send the security code when the phone is offline (ie the mobile connect card is in use).

Your suggestion? You are a representative of Vodafone, no? Your suggestion is that to find out how much data i have left is to register in a system that does it best to make it difficult for me to do so.

I have a 3 account as well, to find out my balance - easy.

My account is past it's initial year, i shall be leaving Vodafone unless someone sorts this out soon.

Why am i continually reminding you that I AM A CUSTOMER - and one of many years, any economist will tell you i am worth keeping hold of.

Hi Chris,

The SMS will still arrive even if you are connected to the internet. The only instance in which you will experience a delay is if connected to 2G and not 3G. If you're only on 2G coverage, then the SMS will arrive as soon as you disconnect from the internet, and will appear in the SMS inbox in Vodafone Mobile Connect. It's then easy enough to re-connect and enter the confirmation code.

We have recently had an issue where the SMS confirmation messages weren't being sent at all, which is most likely what you've experienced and what has lead you to this conclusion - however, the issue has been resolved. We're definitely not trying to make life difficult!

Jon

eForum Team