Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Wi-Fi R206 Working for Free with SIM card

Mykespace
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys,

This is a strange query, but I bought an R206 on ebay. Then I've bought a sim card for £1 in my local ASDA, put it in my device with the intention of topping it up and using it. But without topping it up or changing any settings, it works, for free, I haven't dont anything with it but it's just working. Anyone know why this would be?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It is possible that it came with a certain amount of free credit loaded on the SIM and you are using that up before you need to top up.

PWIAC

Thanks. This was a £1 sim card so I'd be surprised if it had anything on it. How do I check?

drey_p

You can check online through your online account. 

PWIAC

Just tried to register for an online account, all I keep getting is this when choosing an email address/password:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, FMW_30_0020

You guys don't make this easy, any hints?

My sister is at Uni and doesn't have internet, so I just wanna send her a mobile broadband with some money on it. 

drey_p

You may want to leave it a bit and try later.  It's always a good idea to clear the browser cache, cookies and temp data before trying again.

@Mykespace wrote:

You guys don't make this easy, any hints? 

This is a customer to customer support forum so there are no replies from Vodafone in this thread.

PWIAC

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Mykespace wrote:

Thanks. This was a £1 sim card so I'd be surprised if it had anything on it. How do I check?

You will need to put the SIM in a phone and call 2345.  Take a look at the link below, it has the information.  Click PAYG, there is a box on the right where you can ask your queston.

Getting started with Vodafone

For your online account, if you already have a pay monthly account, you would need to use alternative information for the new PAYG account. You can't use the same user name, password and email address.

Try clearing your cache and cookees and try again with the fresh information.