Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile WiFi R207 (UK)

DorsetDiver
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have unlocked the unit but when I put in a SIM from another provider the WiFi works but it remains disconnected from the internet and/or connects to the Vodafone site and will not allow mr to go anywhere else.  Any suggest in very simple terms please as I really do not understand computers.

14 REPLIES 14

You're very welcome. 

I hope your successful and can start enjoying surfing again using your preferred network. 

One last thing ~ I'm assuming Three provide good signal where you are in order to connect. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.

Three is not so bad here but I plan to use the unit when we are out and about in our camper van, especially abroad.

Fair enough. 

Tip - Check with Three that no abroad style bars are on your account so that you may use it abroad.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Check out Andy63 on the MotorhomeFun forum.

I used his instructions and was up and connected within 60 secs!

After 2 months of struggling with Vodafone, Three, and Huawei help desks I got sorted in 1 minute with this!

it was on a MotorhomeFun forum - presumbably MotorhomeFun folks need to swap sims around and a 3 Sim is popular because it works across numerous countries.

With the R207 connected to your laptop by cable open a browser and type: 192.168.0.1

this will bring up the Vodafone dashboard.

top right hand corner - login using 'admin'

choose mobile broadband tab and on left hand side choose 'connection'

fill in the boxes as below - leave everything else blank.

when you click on Save at the bottom the 'disconnected' X on the right hand status panel will start 'connecting' then go green with a 'tick' and you are ON!

Account type - choose Custon from drop down menu

IPv4/IPv6 APN - type in: everywhere

IPv4/IPv6 Number - type in: 8080

everything else should be blank EXCEPT that -

Security should already have PAP in it

Idle time has 3600 in it

Connection mode - Automatic

and tick box to 'automatically connect even when roaming'

Click on Save and it connects!