cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile WiFi R216 does not connect through Cisco AnytimeConnect VPN with some laptops not all laptops

ExileinEngland
2: Seeker

Just bought a new R216 which works fine on all devices except my work laptop. Tried a colleagues work laptop (same set up) to see if it was a VPN issue (Cisco AnytimeConnect v3.1.05160) but this other laptop with same set up is fine. Problem seems to arise everytime when I am trying to use Outlook or SharePoint. Suddenly the system crashes after a short period following connection. I then get a DOS screen with a short message [DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL] and then it reboots. Any clues what might be causing this issue please! I bought the WiFi hotspot with the primary purpose of using it for connection for work - so very frustrating!

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ExileinEngland

Welcome to the eForum.

Which Windows operating system are you currently using?

The error message you’re receiving usually indicates a driver issue.

Also, please make sure you’re running on the latest VBM software.

ExileinEngland

Thanks for responding. I am using Windows7 same as the alternative laptop I've tried which was successful.

No I don't have the Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software installed on this work laptop since I didn't think it was necessary to be able to use the WiFi. Do you think that might help?

@ExileinEngland

You don’t need the VMB software. Sorry about that.

As the service is working on the other laptop fine though, it will be an issue with your laptop.

I’d suggest taking the issue to your works IT department, to get the operating system reinstalled. Or at least let them look at your drivers.

Thanks.We tried the VMB software but you are correct, I still have the issue. We will make one last attempt installing a different version of the VPN software on my laptop. If unsuccessful I might have to think about getting a different mobile broadband since the IT department is reluctant to re-install operating system -  crashing using R216 is the only issue and problems are not experienced connecting to non-mobile broadband. 

Removed VMP software, removed CiscoAnyConnect and installed CiscoVPN Systems Client v 5.0.07.

So far, no crashes, so looking promising!

@ExileinEngland

That’s great news thanks for letting us know.