Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile broadband vmb Connectlite Dongle K4511 will not work on new laptop

kenni_d
1: Seeker

Have had the broadband dongle with vodafone for over 10 years now with no problems.Currrent laptop is a lenovo T61 with vista business OS.New laptop is a lenovo L520 with windows 10.

Dongle went through the installation OK,It opens up ok asks for PIN but when it starts trying to connect dozens of "connection not possible" windows open.And I mean dozens over 200 at one point.

I uninstalled,installed again then ran a compatibility test program - issues that were detected were shown as fixed but I still cannot get an internet connection on the L520.

I know I can get a free dongle upgrade from the local store and i have did this in the past.I have a unlimited plug and play version on contract.However I need to be able to use the dongle on both laptops just now in order to set up the new one from the old one.

Any help or advise on what I can do ?

1 REPLY 1

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

At the moment I don't believe that Windows 10 is a supported operating system which is why you are having issues with the device.

You will need to wait until Vodafone release an updated version that is compatible. Windows update may be able to correctly detect the device and install the compatible drivers but that isn't guaranteed.

PWIAC