Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Blocking Ports? Need remote CCTV access

rojolondon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Be very happy if someone could help me. I am trying to set up a remote CCTV camera and i have bought a Vodafone R206 mobile wifi to connect to the wifi CCTV camera.

The problem i seem to be having is i cant access the camera from the web as all the incoming ports i try and use are blocked. I believe the Vodafone network its self is blocking them. The R206 device has options for port forwarding so i don’t understand why Vodafone would block incoming connections but offer the setting on the device they supple. I have seen on some foreign forums that the APN settings can affect if incoming connections. Is there an unrestricted UK APN for this?

Otherwise i dont know how to access this CCTV as there is no WIFI on site. Do all UK mobile ISP do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have attached a photo of the NAT / Port options on the device.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @rojolondon,

That's strange.

For us to see if you're device was set up properly, please get in touch via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney  

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my mobile broadband E5330. I wish to remotley contact devices behind the router with port forwarding.

port forwarding is set up correctly on the device. I have ran checks for comms to multiple privilaged and non provilaged ports and monitoring on the devices shows no traffic reaching it on those ports. I am unable to see if the traffic is reaching the router itself.

From traceroutes the traffic looks to be getting stuck at 85.205.0.86 which is on the vodafone network, possibly firewalled.

Is there anything else that can be done to test this further or to allow ports to be opened.

regards,

ash

Hi @ashneedshelp

We don’t block or close any ports.

The reason that the trace route gets stuck at 85.205.0.86 is that for security Vodafone don’t accept any ping requests.

Cheers,

Laura

HI Laura

I wondered if you could help me, I have installed a CCTV system today.

It works fine however i can view it on my phone on the wifi works fine.

I cant view it remotely using the 3g/4g on vodafine. Its al set up correctly as when i hotspot from my vodafone phone to my wifes O2 phone it works.

Do vodafone not allow you to monitor CCTV or certain video apps. I have rang through 3 times now but keep getting told its permission and it should now work but it doesnt

J

@jonnylees88

We're not aware of any CCTV apps being blocked, however if you let us know which on you're using we can look into this for you.

Some apps are set up to not allow monitoring/streaming without the phone being connected to Wi-Fi. This can normally be changed within the apps settings.

jonnylees88
1: Seeker
Hi there the app is called ISS mobile 2 on IOS

The phone is all set up and so is the CCTV settings.

It seems to be something todo with the Vodafone network as I have ruled out everything else

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jonnylees88

I've just spoken with our Technical team who have suggested the reason you were able to connect to it using your Wife's phone is because her phone is probably using a fixed IP address.

If you go into the settings of the CCTV and change them to allow any IP address and not just fixed IP addresses, this should then allow you to remotely log in using your mobile data.