cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R207 wifi can't connect to the internet.

kbubo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I have bought a brand new R207 mobile wifi, but I can't connect to the Internet. I wanted to top up, but I can't, because there is no number on the sim card. I can't register to my vodafone, because I havn't find any phone number on the sim card, it says only: "www.vodafone.co.uk/getstarted"

The nearest vodafone shop is about 100 miles away, so I can't go there in the next 3 weeks. I tried the device with another card (not mine) and it seems it's working. Any solution?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

12 REPLIES 12

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@kbubo I noticed a moment ago that the OP here has located the correct link for the software - http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/what/devices/vmb.html

I went back to the store, where I bought the mobile wifi. They activated my card again, now it works. It took 1 month.

Can I have one more question? Now everything is green, I have a good signal, but it's very slow, even sometimes dosn't work.

Regards

Gabor

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Check your postcode in the Vodafone Network Checker to see what signal is expected in your area but not guaranteed and to see if your local and by zooming out on the map to check if surrounding masts are showing any issues. 

Link > Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.