cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R207 wifi can't connect to the internet.

kbubo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I have bought a brand new R207 mobile wifi, but I can't connect to the Internet. I wanted to top up, but I can't, because there is no number on the sim card. I can't register to my vodafone, because I havn't find any phone number on the sim card, it says only: "www.vodafone.co.uk/getstarted"

The nearest vodafone shop is about 100 miles away, so I can't go there in the next 3 weeks. I tried the device with another card (not mine) and it seems it's working. Any solution?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

H

Are you able to insert the SIM card in a Vodafone phone to activate it ?

typing into your phone *#100# and then dial to get its number. 

Top-up-your-iPad-tablet-dongle-or-Mobile-Wi-Fi/48281514/How-can-I-top-up-my-tablet-Mobile-Wi-Fi-devi...

A Vodafone Highstreet store maybe able to help or via Live Chat which you will need to have connection for on a computer. Link in my signature. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello @kbubo

I have recently replied to your earlier post regarding this problem. 

Please follow @BandOfBrothers' advise and if the problem isn't resolved please call 191 from a Vodafone phone or call 0333 304 0191 from any other phone. 

Louise

Hello,

today I got a phone, what works with vodafone card, but the card hasn't got a signal. I think the card is not working.

I tried the mobile wifi with another vodafone card and it worked.

I'm just a bit disappointed because I have bought a new mobile wifi with a card and it's not working properly. The nearest shop is about 100 miles away.

Thank you very much for your help, now I know that the card is not working.

Best Regards

Hi @kbubo

Have you had a chance to call our team on 191, or 0333 304 0191?

If so, what's been advised? 

Sarah

I had no chance to call you, because I don't have a mobile phone.

Regards

Gabor

In that case, @kbubo, I'd advise that you talk with our Live Chat about this. They have account access and will be able to look into the matter for you. 

Sarah

Dear Sarah,

thank you very much for your help. I had a Live Chat wit 3 different person in the last week, one of them told me, he cannot find my account, the second one told me he will activate it for me in the next 4-5 hours, this was 2 days ago, but nothing happened, the third person told me, that only the shop is able to activate the sim, where I have bought the mobile wifi, or the sim is faulty. So I have no idea, what's wrong now, I bought it 2 weeks ago, a brand new mobile wifi.

In the middle of August probably I have a chance to travel there and visit the shop. I'm just surprised that nobody offered me a replacement card by post or I don't know... I can't believe that I need to wait 4-5 weeks to use a mobile wifi in 2016. 

Regards

Gabor

AnnS

Hi @kbubo

If this is the first time you have used the SIM in the R207, you will first need to download the correct software.  If you follow the link below, you will have the information needed.

Support - Data Software - Getting Started

Providing the device has the correct settings, all that will be needed for you to start using the service is for you to make a connection to the internet.

There is further information of the link below.

Data Settings

How do I find the number for my mobile WiFi device or dongle?

Hi,

thank you for your help. I opened the first link then I wanted to download the software, but the link takes me to the homepage...

Regards