Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R212 MiFi Not Loading Pages On HSUPA

ramtab
2: Seeker

Hi Team,

I have the new 4G Ready R212 MiFi device which switches all the time between 3G+ and HSUPA.

When on 3G+ browsing and performance is perfect, however when is switches to HSUPA I essentially lose internet connection as browsing, email refresh etc just does not happen (usually get page cannot be loaded error) - even when on 5 bars HSUPA.

Why is this and what can be done to remedy?

Thanks

78 REPLIES 78

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PAWEBSTER70, an email will be sent shortly to the address that is registered to your eForum profile.

Please follow the steps that are included in the email.

Excellent, thank you

Pete

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PAWEBSTER70 You're more than welcome! 

Let us know if you need anything else :Smiling:

Hi, I have a new 212 on a redsharer contract which shows the same problems as reported in this thread - no success at all on the internet whilst the monitor app shows HSUPA and good performance when it switches to 3G+ in the same location (on the kitchen table).  I have been onto tech support 3 times, first time they noticed that the SIM wasn't activated for 4G and told me that it couldn't be!  I was transferred to the Returns dept and mentioned to the lady on there that I was sure it should be possible as 4G was written all over the box, so she passed me onto tech support level 2 who activated the SIM for 4G and it came on immediately.  Then I noted that the mobile internet was highly intermittent so called tech support who said I needed to reset the SIM by connecting to another network (O2 in this case) then back again - after which it seemed to be working for a while.  But today it was absolutely unusable, so called tech support again and from there to the Returns dept.  SO it is ready to go back as soon as the returns pack arrives - but if you think the new software will cure it I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi igw62,

It wouldn’t hurt to try the latest firmware.

I’ve emailed it to your eForum registered address.

You can also check here for any network issues in your area that may be contributing to the issue.

Thanks,

Andy

What is the latest firmware version now please and where can I get it from?

Thanks

kezzawd
Far too late - mine went straight back the minute I noticed it was useless

jvinc

Just wanted to update my previous post. After installing the new firmware 3.5 onto the two R212's I can confirm that they are now working as expected. No data dropouts on HSUPA. 

Thank you to all involved in providing the fix!

Hi,

Can I have the link as well, please?

Thanks,

Vyacheslav

Any chance?