Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data since upgrade

Nicktb01
3: Seeker
As above really. I upgraded two weeks ago, and within a day of receiving my new phone I stopped getting mobile Data. I went through all the various channels and did a factory reset changed settings including apn. Vodafone finally sent me a replacement handset which hasn't had mobile data either. I've now been told it's a problem with my upgrade not working with red share? I've seen others on here having the same issues. Can anyone shed any light or offer any advice? I've now got a third replacement handset coming out and I honestly don't think that's the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nick
14 REPLIES 14

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Have you tried your SIM in a handset that is working for mobile data?  Perhaps a friend or family member is also on Vodafone and you could pop your SIM card into their handset.  This will help to narrow down where the issue lies.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I'm not convinced it's tbe phone either. 

I assume mobile data is turned on in the phones settings and no type of data bar is turned on in your online myvodafone. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. 

You are correct that other threads similar to yours exist after people upgrade. 

It maybe beneficial to ask Vodafone to fully reset your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nicktb01
I've done all of the above. The sim I have is my sim from iPhone which works in that fine. The original sim never worked so I just replaced it with mine. Vodafone did a flush of my account today but that hasn't worked either

drey_p

So, if the SIM works fine in another phone, it would potentially indicate an issue with your handset.

How old is the SIM card?  Faulty SIM cards can behave very strangely - working in one phone but not another.  Have you had the SIM swapped out at all?  This could be worth trying.  Your local Vodafone Store will be able to assist with getting you a new SIM and activating it for you. 

PWIAC

Nicktb01
That sim is approximately two years old. I never really thought of going into a store to be fair. I could try a sim swap, it just seems to be a huge coincidence that three phones would have the same problem

drey_p

As the SIM is quite old, it could be worth a shot.  Normally, if you do a SIM swap instore, you are up and running before walking out, although do be aware that the SIM swap may take up to 24 hours to complete.

Are all three phones the same make and model?  If so, that may explain why they are all playing up.

PWIAC

Nicktb01
All three Galaxy s7" edges. It was a massive wrench to get me to leave my iPhone too!

BandOfBrothers

@Nicktb01 wrote:
All three Galaxy s7" edges. It was a massive wrench to get me to leave my iPhone too!

Nice choice of phone. 

Coincidentally I maybe making the same move after the Apple Keynote in September. :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

The S7 Edge is a great phone - I've got one.  I really do hope you can get it all sorted out. 

Please let us know if a new SIM card solved your problems. 

PWIAC