Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYASUGO Vodafone SIM not recognised in Dell 5530 Internal Model

tgordon
1: Seeker
Hi all,

I hope someone can help.

I have been using a Vodafone PayAsYouGo 3G USB dongle without any problems for a while now. I have just bought a Dell Adamo 13 laptop with an internal Dell Wirless 5530 HSPA Mini-Card modem. This card shows up fine in the Device Manage of the laptop and also in the "Manage Devices" section of the latest Vodafone Mobile Connect software (v9.4.6). However even with the SIM inserted the VMC software requests "Please insert SIM". This SIM works fine in the USB dongle but not in the new laptop internal 3G modem. Am I missing something or is there a chance the internal model could be faulty/locked to a particular network (not vodafone) or the SIM could be locked to the USB dongle.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Tim
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi tgordon

Welcome to the eForum :D it is always good to see new faces on here.

This does sound more of an issue with the laptop that you have. As the SIM card is not locked to the USB dongle.

The only thing that I can suggest here is to pop into your local Vodafone Store to pick up a new SIM card to make sure, there isn't a fault that the laptop is picking on.

Other than that I would seek some advise from where you purchased this laptop from.

Martin
eForum Team