Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Modem Problems (error 619/628)

Beckyyy
2: Seeker

I've just moved house and needed to use my dongle (K3565 rev2) until our broadband is reconnected. I hadn't used it for some months, and it wouldn't connect when I tried, so I took it into my local vodafone shop to ask them to reactivate it. They said I would need a new sim, so I paid for a new tablet/windows device sim (losing the balance on my old one)

When I tried it again, it still wouldn't connect and I had error code 619. I tried the sim card in my mobile, and although I got a signal, I couldn't connect to the internet/make calls, but asumed that was because it wasn't a smartphone and it was a tablet sim(?). I tried the usual rebooting/uninstaling/reinstalling/restarting etc. but nothing. I took it back into the shop with my laptop and they thought it was my software, so updated the program on my laptop to the latest software. Again, it still wouldn't connect. They tried using another new sim card, and also tried a new modem and new sim card - still no luck, and came to the conclusion that there was some conflicting software on my laptop, and as there was no other computers they could test in on in store I had to leave it at that.

My laptop is getting on a bit (Windows vista), so I've just managed to try the dongle in our desktop PC (windows 7 64bit) and I'm still not able to connnect. I have error code 628, and I cannot see anmy reason why this would be happening when I've not had any problems before, especially on the desktop as it's relatively new and doesn't doesn't have a multitude of 'stuff' on it like my laptop.

Could anybody help please? It's becoming very frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4

Beckyyy
Still no luck if anybody has any suggestions please.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Beckyyy

Thank you for your posts and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

The error 619 can occur when there is a conflict often associated with the WiFi on your laptop, please can you ensure that this connection is disabled on your device.

Another possibility is that there is more than one version of software on the device and although you have mentioned that you have uninstalled the software please can you retry this, shutdown the laptop and check on your device there is no remains of software before installing again.

Have you installed any new antivirus software or firewalls that may need amending to allow the dongle to operate. 

The 628 error would occur when the connection has failed and this may be down to the network, please can you take a look at our Network issues thread and post your results back here.

Please ensure that you have the latest software for your device and let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried uninstalling the software and deleting any remaining files that are left after then restarting and reinstalling, but I still get the same error.

I have changed antivirus software since last using the modem, but I've tried disabling it and my firewall and wireless while doing all of the above and still got the same error message.

The dongle is still picking up a signal but it just can't seem to connect. I was wondering if there could be some kind of conflict with the new sim card, could it be anything to do with it being a tablet sim instead of a standard payg sim?

Thank you for your reply!

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Beckyyy,

Thanks for your post.

Could you check the APN settings for me?

Cheers,

Lee