Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pocket WiFi router - Connects to network but no internet

Dukesbury
1: Seeker

I was wondering if anyone could help, I bought a vodafone pocket wifi router to use while I'm over in the UK (I live on the IOM) and for some reason I can't connect to the internet, I have credit, it connects to the network and it will let me access vodafone sites but nothing else...anyone had anything similar?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dukesbury

Which model do you have ?

Which device(s) are you connecting to it ?

Does this happen in one location or everywhere?

Perhaps check the Vodafone Network Mast Checker.

Something in the Device Guides may help.

Live Chat will be able to check the account to ensure all is ok at Vodafones end. Use the link in my signature and use a computer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thesoupdragon

I have no personal knowledge of this device I'm afraid but I did find this in the Help Section;

I’ve just got a new Mobile Wi-Fi device. How do I get started?

• Remove the back from the device and insert the SIM 
  • Go to Wi-Fi Settings and choose the Mobile Wi-Fi device name and network (if you remove the back of the device the network name can often be found on a label on the inside)
  • When you connect, you’ll be asked to enter your network key (this is on the inside of the back cover of your device, or you can press the power key twice)
  • Open the internet browser. If you’re on Pay as you go, you’ll need a data pack to access the internet. If you don’t have a data pack, you’ll be redirected to vodafone.co.uk/mbbmoredata where you can pick a data pack to suit you (from 250MB to 6GB)

I think a fellow member @Nabs has used one before? I'll pull him into this post. :smileywink:

Hopefully he might have some ideas?

TSD