Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R207 Mobile WiFi Sim Issue

Anfieldred118
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I recently bought an R207 mobile wifi device. Having followed all the instructions i'm getting absolutely no where.

My laptop recognises it and will link into the device however when checking the device info it keeps saying that the sim needs to be activated, which i assumed happened in the shop when i bought the data. There is no record of a mobile number therefore until i sort this issue out i cannot proceed any further. Not usre if it is a dodgy sim or simply the fact that a step was not followed by the shop assistant when i purchased it.

If anyone can assist i would appreciate it or else i will be going back to the shop at the weekend.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anfieldred118

You can activate the sim by placing it in a phone that'll accept a Vodafone Sim Card and or use Live Chat. 

The Link is in my signature below. 

Help Links. 

Setting-up-and-using-your-device/Tablets-donglesand-mobile-Wi-Fi/52707110/I-ve-just-got-a-new-data-d...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you tried contacting LiveChat or calling 191?

You could get the mobile number of the SIM by popping it into a mobile phone.  Then in the dialler, key in *#100* and press call.  This should display the mobile phone number. 

PWIAC

AnnS

Hi @Anfieldred118

You can find the dongle number by following the information on the link below.

Support - How do I find the number for my mobile Wi-Fi device or dongle?

The SIM should already by activate and all that should be necessary is to make a connection to the internet.

Thank you for all the responses.

Current status is that i have put the sim in a phone to try to activate it. I had a text message through identifying the fact that a sim had been placed in the phone, an old nokia as that is the only one i have that takes the same sized sim, but nothing yet to suggest the sim is activated.

I have managed to get the number attached to the sim as well and as a test tried dialling it and as expected the number i have is not in use.

Looks like it's back to the shop on Saturday.

If it's a Payg try dialing 17298 to activate. 

Or Live Chat can activate it. 

Or or yes go to the shop. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for all the help.

I went via Live Chat and managed to get the sim activated. It would also appear that there was no data on the account despite me paying for some at the time of purchase. Vodaphone gave me a free 2gb to play with.

Happy days!!!

Glad to hear that Live Chat have looked after you and resolved the issue. 

At least you can now get on with enjoying the service. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Anfieldred118

You are using a data SIM, not a voice SIM, you will therefore be unable to dial in.

The SIM would already be activated ready for use in the dongle, all you have to do is make a connection to the internet.

The data allowance will kick in as soon as you have made the connection. You can find the data balance by following the link below.

Support - Data Balance

edit. Glad Live Chat have solved this for you and you are now able to enjoy using your dongle.