Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

Hello support team,

Could you send the firmware update and installation instruction for the R212 to me.

With the current firmware the changed settings are lost when the R212 wake-up from sleep modus.

Thanks in advance

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

jscanlon - I’ve sent this to your eForum registered email addresses. :Smiling:

JoëlledeBeer – Please update your profile with your email address so that I can send this.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny, i updated my profile.
Please send the Beta firmware and instalation instructions.
Regards,
joelle

Hi Joelle,

I've sent the latest firmware to your registered email address.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Tech Team,

What version is the latest firmware since I'm still having issues. There seem to be a 4.2 version avalible that Vodacom SA is upgrading routers to that fixes the "Limited Service" problem on the R212-Z.

Regards Fred

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Fred,

You can get approved software updates here. Just click on the grey 'Download software' button over to the right.

10.3.405 is the latest version we offer.

Cheers, Ben

Hi Tech Team,

Regarding my message, I'm not referring to the Vodafone Connectivity software. I'm referring to the Firmware of the R212-Z Router.

The firmware that was send to me by Voadfone is Firmware Version 3.5 but I'm still experiencing problems with "Limited Service". In the Vodacom South Africa Forum they seem to be distributing Firmware Version 4.2 that has this issue fixed.

The only issue is that they do not allow clients to do an upgrade themselves.

Regards

Fred

Hi Matt_B,

I am having a similar problem with the R212 modem and struggling to find a download of the firmware. Please will you forward the firmware upgrade for the Vodafone Mobile WiFi modem R212 to my registered email address?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

I am unfortunately in the same trouble with my R212,

May you forward me the mail for the latest softaware update please ?

Also I found updates for the R215, do you know if it works the same for the R212 ?

Thanks

Hi,

I understand that the 4.2 upgrade for R212-Z resolved the 'Limited Service' error. Can you send us this firmware upgrade with instructions on how to install it.

Thank you!