Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

You can the latest upgrade in the top right of our R212 software page.

Thanks,

Ben

thanks but that is just for the mobile broadband software, not firmware.
please could i be emailed the latest firmware upgrade as per previous participants in this discussion

me too please

Hi,

@dpricedp3 – Could you confirm which version you are using? The latest firmware we have is 10.3.414, available on the link provided.

@garethdenzil – Please follow this link to get the firmware upgrade:  R212 software page

Thanks,

Jamian

Hi MauricePutters,

Please get in touch here so that we can email it to you.

Thanks,

Simon

Just to update, I updated the firmware on my device and it's still experiencing the issue of going to sleep when no users are connected for a certain period of time.  The only way to wake it up and make the SSID visible again, is to either press the button on the front of the device or turn it off and back on again

Hi MobileGuy,

If you’d like us to look into this further, please get in touch here.

Thanks,

Sarah

dgolfin

Hi,

I need the latets firmware (included test firmware) to download.

Can you help me?

Regards

Hi dgolfin,

You’ll shortly receive an email to your registered address, containing the firmware.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Team

I am having the same firmware issues as others (having to wake the R212's Internet connectivity up by pressing the button, losing connectivity to the device after a period of inactivity, etc.).

I have been following this forum regarding the success of the firmware upgrade and would like to try it on mine.

Please may I have the firmware and upgrade instructions via link or email.

Thanks

Glyn