Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

@Robdcumming

It sounds more like the device is faulty, but I’ll be more than happy to send the firmware to your email address to try.

Ok, that would be much appreciated.

thank you.

rob

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Robdcumming

I've sent this to the email address you have registered on your eForum profile.

Thanks

Hi Vodafone Tech Team,

I have a 'Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi' model R212, which intermittently is completely unable to resolve host names. From reading here, it seems a firmware update may help with this issue.

The product I have is:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)
Serial Number

Could you send updated firmware to my email?

Thanks 🙂

Hi, I am seeing similar problems to users in this thread. I would really apprecaite it if someone could please send me the firmware and instructions.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Scott

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@scottg69

I've sent you an email with instructions on how to get the firmware update. 

I hope this helps.

Hello.please send me the latest Firmware Update

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@a2group

I've just sent you the R12 firmware update to your email, the attachment will be available until 1 April 2017.

I'm having issue which it would appear the latest firmware would resolve, can someone email me the firmware and installation instructions please.

Thanks Mike

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mbrisley

What issues are you currently experiencing?