You are here:

Data on the go

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

RAS CODE 628

[ Edited ]

I have got 2  dongles, ones ok but the other one is driving me mad it comes up ras code 628,in windows XP  i have the 9.4 voda software and on my laptop i have the version for windows seven ( which by the way is the slowest operating system known to mankind. Both computers give me ras 628, modem is ok, port ok. called the n-teck guys , they just said it must be my computer, i said what both, does anyone got any ideas

please,please help me

regards Mr628

Message 1 of 3 (5,017 Views)
Rank 8: Helper II

Re: RAS CODE 628

Hey,

Error 628:  The port is disconnected or The conenction was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed..

Resolutions:
1) make sure you have good phone line.
2) Upgrade the modem/router firmware

3)
Make sure you logon using the correct username or password or try different username.
4) Reinstall the modem.
5) Re-enable RAS
6) Check the router/firewall settings.
7) Make sure the router is VPN pass through or GRE is enabled

This is most likely a modem or phone line noise issue or blocking port issue.

Good old google Smiley Wink

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3 (4,964 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II

Re: RAS CODE 628

mr628 wrote:

I have got 2  dongles, ones ok but the other one is driving me mad it comes up ras code 628,in windows XP  i have the 9.4 voda software and on my laptop i have the version for windows seven ( which by the way is the slowest operating system known to mankind. Both computers give me ras 628, modem is ok, port ok. called the n-teck guys , they just said it must be my computer, i said what both, does anyone got any ideas

please,please help me

regards Mr628

I would download the version 10 software (see my sig below) from the business site and IGNORE the warnings about not being suitable for the UK.

I find Win 7 much faster than Vista and as fast as XP so long as you have at least 2 GB of RAM installed 

Message 3 of 3 (4,938 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

Help and Support
My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Top up