Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RAS error code 619

gedmc
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a RAS error code 619 for a k3565 dongle.
Initially it worked fine on Vista but has not worked since after an upgrade to Win 7 (32bit).
I'm using the latest vodafone 9.4.6 version. The dongle is listed and can receive sms messages however connecting to any available network results in a RAS error code 619.

I've tried most things on this forum and I'll completely fed up.
The fact that the flash slideshow on this error has been downloaded 7000 times is an indication of how sloppy vodafone have been in relation to this problem.

Please can you:
a) Assure me that my PAYG data will not expire
b) Call me on to talk me through a solution - if you have one?
18 REPLIES 18

jarviser
15: Advanced member

Hello,
I've just tried this, all you suggest to no avail. I'm afraid still getting the same error.
If I use 'mobile partner' and dymanic APN, then works straight away.
Your software always used to work fine.
PS tried it on a completely fresh install of Win 7 on another machine, just the same.
Regards,
Ian

So you have proved:
1. it's not the VMC (you tried both versions)
2. it's not your machine (you tried both VMC versions on another PC)
3. it's not a faulty dongle or the SIM or the service because it connects using Huawei mobile partner

doesn't seem to be much left to eliminate.

In the mean time why not use Mobile Partner to connect, and use Your Account at the Voda site for the billing info / top-up? It's more accurate anyway. You should be able to type into Huawei Mobile Partner a new profile with the correct APN for your service, which should be obtainable in the VMC profile if you don't know it

I tried (last week) my Voda PAYG 3GB SIM in a E160X dongle (an unlocked Orange variety) with VMC 10 and Win7 and it was fine, so no changes their end either.

Good luck! but I should repeat some of the elimination tests, you mkay have missed something.

Ifleming
Not applicable

So you have proved:
1. it's not the VMC (you tried both versions)
2. it's not your machine (you tried both VMC versions on another PC)
3. it's not a faulty dongle or the SIM or the service because it connects using Huawei mobile partner

doesn't seem to be much left to eliminate.

In the mean time why not use Mobile Partner to connect, and use Your Account at the Voda site for the billing info / top-up? It's more accurate anyway. You should be able to type into Huawei Mobile Partner a new profile with the correct APN for your service, which should be obtainable in the VMC profile if you don't know it

I tried (last week) my Voda PAYG 3GB SIM in a E160X dongle (an unlocked Orange variety) with VMC 10 and Win7 and it was fine, so no changes their end either.

Good luck! but I should repeat some of the elimination tests, you mkay have missed something.

Thanks for your advice,
The only thing is if I put the APN from VMC,'ppbundle.internet'I get the error, it only works on dynamic APN, so I dont know if this affects what I'm charged.
I will go round the loops again, as you say I may have missed something obvious.

Ian

jarviser

Thanks for your advice,
The only thing is if I put the APN from VMC,'ppbundle.internet'I get the error, it only works on dynamic APN, so I dont know if this affects what I'm charged.
I will go round the loops again, as you say I may have missed something obvious.

Ian

Like you said earlier you are on an old prepayment scheme and I bet the APN is neither of the above. I wonder if the Vodafone team can provide the APN for your old scheme, or confirm that "dynamic" is OK.

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi all

The correct APN will be

APN: pp.internet
Username: web
Password: web

The ppbundle is for the monthly expiring data cards only. All other PAYT data SIMs will use pp.internet.

What happens if you try to connect with the correct APN?

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

gedmc
Not applicable
Dear Trev and the Vodafone Team,

The APN changes you suggest have been tried and retried but with no success.
No connection is made. The software remains as "trying to connect".

Please can you run your own test on Windows 7 32Bit ( PAYG with the original no monthly tariff ) and try to sort out this issue with your software. It is crazy that I am still waiting for resolution to this after months.

Thank you
Gerard

Hi all

The correct APN will be

APN: pp.internet
Username: web
Password: web

The ppbundle is for the monthly expiring data cards only. All other PAYT data SIMs will use pp.internet.

What happens if you try to connect with the correct APN?

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

bacupian
4: Newbie

Dear Trev and the Vodafone Team,

The APN changes you suggest have been tried and retried but with no success.
No connection is made. The software remains as "trying to connect".

Please can you run your own test on Windows 7 32Bit ( PAYG with the original no monthly tariff ) and try to sort out this issue with your software. It is crazy that I am still waiting for resolution to this after months.

Thank you
Gerard

1. what is the correct apn for this user?

2. I've never seen 'dynamic apn' mentioned before and can only envisage it's a mistake or very mobile broadband unfriendly

3. issues I've had (apart from being given wrong apn info by cs) is that the dongle defaults to fixed dns addresses whilst last
year vodafone started using many dns server ip addresses. The solution is to make another profile but set this to obtain
nameserver address automatically. This works even when the previous fixed ip address comes up.

David

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Gedmcb

I'm going to have to acquire all your device and account information via email so we can continue to troubleshoot.

At this point I can't determine what may be causing the issue, however a closer look, via the network, is now overdue. Please reply to the email I am sending and we'll continue to look into this.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

GarethWW
Not applicable
Hi all,

Did anyone ever sort this out properly, as I am getting the same thing:

Having spoken to someone in support at Vodafone regarding RAS Error Code 623, he suggested I upgrade Vodafone Mobile Connect to version 9.4!

I have now done this, but am now getting the following - RAS Error Code 619

How do I get over this please?

Gareth

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi GarethWW

This wasn't a general fault I believe, but an issue with the individuals set up, and not subject to a general fix/workaround.

If you're getting an Error 619, that's means the port is disconnected.

Go to device manager and see if there's a resource issue/conflict (indicated by yellow exclamation mark)

Things to try to resolve this:

Check APN, and ensure it's correct for your set up.

Go to device manager and see if there's a resource issue/conflict (indicated by yellow exclamation mark)

Try connecting using an only 2G or only 3G setting.

Disable any Bluetooth, Infared, Modems or any other connection tools on the device.

Try to connect in a different location

Ensure you're using the most up to date VMC software

Try the device on a different laptop/PC

If you are still having issues, let us know, along with any error codes, and we can assist further.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team