Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RAS error code 619

gedmc
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a RAS error code 619 for a k3565 dongle.
Initially it worked fine on Vista but has not worked since after an upgrade to Win 7 (32bit).
I'm using the latest vodafone 9.4.6 version. The dongle is listed and can receive sms messages however connecting to any available network results in a RAS error code 619.

I've tried most things on this forum and I'll completely fed up.
The fact that the flash slideshow on this error has been downloaded 7000 times is an indication of how sloppy vodafone have been in relation to this problem.

Please can you:
a) Assure me that my PAYG data will not expire
b) Call me on to talk me through a solution - if you have one?
18 REPLIES 18

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi gedmcb,

If you upgraded over the top of your existing Vista installation, rather than performing a clean install, then you may need to Uninstall and Reinstall Vodafone Mobile Connect.

It's also worth noting that if you download this software from our website, rather than using the installation included on the dongle itself, that this is pre-configured for use with Contract SIM cards, and not Pay-as-you-Go.

To make it work with your Pay-as-you-Go SIM, you need to go to Manage Connections, and create a Custom Connection. When you do so, click on the APN tab, and ensure you enter the correct APN according to your tariff.

If you are on a 3GB tariff, the settings are:

APN: ppbundle.internet
Username: web
Password: web

If you're on a 1GB tariff, the settings are:

APN: pp.internet
Username: web
Password: web

This will resolve your issue :)

Jon

eForum Team

gedmc
Not applicable

This will resolve your issue :)

Jon

eForum Team

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your reply.
My pay-as-you-go is neither a 1G or 3G tariff
It is an early deal in which the data does not expire. ( but it has to be used every 6 months to keep the SIM alive - which it is )

Which log on should I use?
Thanks
G

gedmc
Not applicable
Jon,

I have tried your 2 APN suggestions.
There is no RAS19 error with each however the software never leaves the "connecting to Vodaphone 3G UK" state.

The 3G netword is available at the location.

Please can you resolve this.

G

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there gedmcb,

If this hasn't worked, then please go to the VMC dashboard, settings, account type and change to pre-pay.

You should now be good to go.

Let me know how you get on ;)

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

gedmc
Not applicable
Hi Lee,

It already was on "pre-pay"
No - still suspended in "connecting to Vodafone UK 3G" mode
G

Hi there gedmcb,

If this hasn't worked, then please go to the VMC dashboard, settings, account type and change to pre-pay.

You should now be good to go.

Let me know how you get on ;)

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi gedmcb

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this.

If no errors are being returned then I can only imagine that the problem lies with the software. Can you confirm that you have uninstalled the Vodafone Mobile Connect software and re-installed?

Please let me know and we'll be more than happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Ifleming
Not applicable
Ok,
I have exactly the same problem, have an E160X dongle on same tariff, and have tried the 9.4 software on Windows 7, 32 bit, tells me balance and number, but wont login, have tried all the APN settings, un-installed, reinstalled, and I get into the same loop.
Tried the version 10 as well, same error, then un-installed.
So here is a clue, my Zoom travel modem, logs in fine, and so does the 'Huawei Mobile Partner' software which I have tried if I set the APN to dynamic. If I dont I get the same error in this software as the Vodafone software.
So I feel Vodafone have changed something at their end fairly recently maybe?
Regards,
Ian

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ianf1,

There are a few checks which can be done for an error 619, so please try these out.

It may be that the default ports the modem is trying to use are being claimed by something else. on the computer. This would mean that whilst it may have installed, another program which selects ports in the same way - picking the lowest available ones - may have looked whilst the modem was not in use and claimed the same ones.

To adjust the ports:

- Select Control Panel > System > Device manager
- Select Modems and locate the dongle
- Highlight the modem, right click and select Properties > Advanced > Advanced port settings
- Set COM port to a high number, for example something around 240
- Close this window and go back to Device Manager
- Select Ports (COM + LPT) and check for the dongle (look for any Huawei reference)
- Highlight the modem, right click and select Properties > Port Settings > Advanced port settings
- Set COM port to a different high number (to avoid conflict with the first setting)
- Reboot the computer
- Check device manager again to ensure listed under CD ROM drives (as USB Mass Storage device), Ports, Modems and USB controllers

- What lights are showing on the dongle when it tries to connect?

- If you move the mouse over the items in the computer toolbar's sandbox, does any icon make reference to using a mass storage device you cannot find? If yes, this may mean that something has misidentified and co-opted the dongle, so you'll need to disconnect that connection to free the device up again.

- When you load VMC, check what connections the dongle can "see" before trying to connect. Remove any connections which are not the required Vodafone connection (whether 2G or 3G depending on your location's signal) and then manually set the device to connect to this one. Let us know if this makes a difference for you.

DaveN

eForum Team

Ifleming
Not applicable
Hello,
I've just tried this, all you suggest to no avail. I'm afraid still getting the same error.
If I use 'mobile partner' and dymanic APN, then works straight away.
Your software always used to work fine.
PS tried it on a completely fresh install of Win 7 on another machine, just the same.
Regards,
Ian