Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Site Status Check

tomnock
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi

On my mobile broadband dongle I had complete loss of service earlier today and i have only had GPRS access since Monday. 3G was fine and stable before hand.

Post Code is: B15 2RT

I would imagine that the site concerned is: 1642

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi tomnock

I have taken a look into this for you and cant see any faults current in your area on the network.
I searched under the postcode you have supplied and it shows no faults on any cell sites in your area. When I did take a look though your postcode falls on a patchy 3G area so this could be the reason around this as it shows no constant 3G connection available for your postcode, the only other thing this could possible be is congestion on the network, I also checked to see if there were any future plans for new cell sites in your area and unfortunately there are no plans in place to improve your 3g signal.

One last thing that may be worth checking is to make sure your Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC) is set to use both 3G and 2G signals - this option can be found under settings on your VMC software.

If it gets worse give us a shout you know where to come :D

Matthew
eForum Team

StevenMcNally
Not applicable
hi...

just was wondering if there are any network problems in the Glasgow area....specifically around G74 4SG...my network coverage hasn't been right since the weekend just there ( 4/10/09 )

if you could check and get back to me it would be greatly apprieciated.

thanks

Steven

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Steven'Mc

I have checked the postcode G74 4SG and can't see any issues for cell sites that are down in your local area.
However there is a fault currently in Glasgow and its affecting the area of Kirkintilloch, this site is running on reduced power at the moment. I don't know if this is close to where you live but it may be affecting sites in your area as they pick up any calls that the faulty one can't as its running on reduced power. I would recommend keeping an eye on our Faults Board on the forum as we will report any fixes here.

Just a thought, is this only happening in your house or is it affecting you everywhere you go? If its everywhere then it may be worth popping into a local Vodafone store and get them to take a look at your handset as this may be the problem not the network, just a thought :D

If there is anything else we can help you with, you know where to find us.

Matthew
eForum Team

StevenMcNally
Not applicable
Thanks a lot.

it happens now and again outside of my house but mainly in the house, so ill pop down to the shop!

thanks again

steven