Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP-Link 3G mobile Wi-Fi M5350

elvgren
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a TP-Link M6350 mifi unit (unlocked) and a Vodafone 'iPad' data-only SIM. I seem to be able to send data (the mifi shows a 'sent' total) but not receive (Can't 'find' web pages). The mifi shows status as 3G and 'Connected'. Does anyone know the correct APN settings or have any other suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Are there any issues showing in your area which you can check via your postcode in the Vodafone Network Checker.

On the iPad try forgetting the network and re connect. 

I would also suggest to Check with Live chat from a computer that your account is ok. 

Look in Message 8 in TP-Link-3G-mobile-Wi-Fi-M5350. For the Apn's. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I seem to be going round in circles having been onto LiveChat. They have given me new APNs, passwords etc. none of which work and some of which I know are monthly contract (I have a PAYG SIM). In desperation, I've bought a new Vodafone mifi via eBay for £38 delivered - ouch. Meantime, the M5360 shows the network as connected but can't find web pages and it can receive texts but not send them. I'm very IT savvy but this one's got me tearing out what little hair I still have. For the record Vodafone's last shot was APN: internet, Username & Password both: web, Phone no: *98#. And these settings do not work. The previous attempt APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk, Username & Password both: wap. Which also don't work. Anyone got anything different?

Retired-Beau
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@elvgren

So we can look into this for you, please contact our technical team.

The latest from LiveChat is that I have an iPad SIM which is not suitable for a mifi even though the local shop sold it to me for that specific purpose. They say the shop can transfer the £50 top up balance I already have to a new 'dongle' SIM and the tariff in France will be the same (£2/day for 100MB).

In the meantime I've acquired a new R216 and will let the shop put the new SIM itno that and fire it up.

In summary, still going round in circles and tearing my hair out.

OK, so now I've visited the local Vodafone shop. The bit from LiveChat about the wrong SIM is demonstrably wrong and I still have my original iPad SIM. When put into a Vodafone R216 (Huawei E5578) it worked first time. Insert SIM, enter password (on Lumia 640 to test) and job done. So after all that, the problem seems to have been with the TP-Link M5360.

Now, I also have an unlocked E5331 which I'll try with my 3 and EE SIMs. So no reporting on that in this forum!