Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Topped-up TWICE but vodafone says there are no data bundles active

secretname
4: Newbie

What is up with the data-bundle top-ups?  Last week I was down to 1gb of a 15gb bundle on a broadband dongle, so I bought a vocher for £25 and topped-up then bought another 15gb expecting it to be activated when the last one ran out.  It ran out yesterday, but my new data-pack wasn't activated and because I'd no data I couldn't log-in to my account and check it.  Silly me then bought a new voucher today and bought another 15gb bundle using a mobile phone on 03333 number.  Still no data however!  When I check it using the 03333 number I'm told I have no credit (which I know) and NO DATA BUNDLES when I should have at least one!!!!  Have I paid £50 for NOTHING?

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Something certainly sounds wrong. 

As this is going to need account access I would suggest using Live Chat or speak to customer service as they have the account access. 

Link > Contact Us.

Link > Top-up-your-iPad-tablet-dongle-or-Mobile-Wi-Fi/48281514/How-can-I-top-up-my-tablet-Mobile-Wi-Fi-devi...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the help. I contacted customer service and spoke to a nice Indian-sounding lady who fixed the problem She told me activated both bundles, and I know at least one is working now so I should be covered for the next six months!

Well, it turned out the nice lady only gave me 1GB of data, and I only had £25 of credit (the second voucher I bought in the latest ramble). I tried buying another 15gb bundle with that using the 03333 number, and everything seemed ok until the end when the 'you have (data) which will run-out on (date)' message came on. the message didn't give any data number OR the date, and although the credit is gone from my account the data hasn't been installed. So then, in the past two weeks, and despite contacting customer service, vodafone have got £50 out of me for NOTHING. The problem is on their side and is to do with data-bundles not being credited to my account. I'm going to try giving customer service one more go tomorrow as I have no time today and frankly I'm too angry to be polite anyway, but if it isn't sorted after that I'm going to find another dongle from some other provider. Anyone know of any DECENT providers who don't steal from their customers?

I'm on with customer service (again) at the moment.  Another nice lady is trying to sort it and give me at least one 15gb bundle.  If she does then I'm still down the first £25.  Vodafone have caused me all kinds of problems like this in the past, but I've stuck with them.  Seriously considering leaving them though as it's too much hassle having to go through this every few months.  I was thinking it's because it's an older dongle, a K3570-Z, but that shouldn't stop my data activating surely?

Ok, so I've now been sent to the technical team in order to sort this.  I'm hating the music they have on their 'hold' though!  If I wasn't so annoyed with them it'd be laughable!  Oh, they sent me back again to finish sorting it.

Finally, I have 15gb of data.  I'm just hoping the other £25 of data kicks in at the end of this one.

It actually looks like the account has been reset, so I have only the one 15gb bundle.  C'est la vie.  If it means I can top up in future then I'm ok with that.

Robbie_C
1: Seeker

Hi, this had just happened to me yesterday. Can I ask if vodafone got this sorted, + do you need to call them to get this fixed?

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Robbie_C Our Live Chat team will be able to get this sorted for you. :Smiling: