Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Topped-up TWICE but vodafone says there are no data bundles active

secretname
4: Newbie

What is up with the data-bundle top-ups?  Last week I was down to 1gb of a 15gb bundle on a broadband dongle, so I bought a vocher for £25 and topped-up then bought another 15gb expecting it to be activated when the last one ran out.  It ran out yesterday, but my new data-pack wasn't activated and because I'd no data I couldn't log-in to my account and check it.  Silly me then bought a new voucher today and bought another 15gb bundle using a mobile phone on 03333 number.  Still no data however!  When I check it using the 03333 number I'm told I have no credit (which I know) and NO DATA BUNDLES when I should have at least one!!!!  Have I paid £50 for NOTHING?

17 REPLIES 17

This was sorted at the time, and recently I notice on my vodafone account page that there were 5 'active bundles' from October. My internet ran down today though and no bundel kicked in, so I bought another voucher and topped-up. It was taken ok using the 0333 number, but now the only thing I can connect to is this help site. I can't even get on my vodafone account page! I'll leave it an hour to see if it kicks in though. Vodfone really are terrible at customer care.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@secretname

If you still need help with this, please speak with our Live Chat team who'll have a look into it for you. 

Hi,

Having the same problem. I bought an R218 at xmas time. So far VF have turned it off (by this I mean asking for a voucher or top-up) before I used the first 1GB that came free with it. At that point I didn't know any better so I topped up £25/15GB - That lasted less than a month and they turned it off again. My problem was the dongle was at my parents, 500 miles away. I didn't think they'd used it, but paid £25/15GB to get it back so I could remote in to their PC.

Turns out theyd used 851MB of the 15GB according to the dongle!!!!

So a phone call to CustServ who confirmed the useage and I got my 2nd £25 credited, and the operator queued up some 'small packs' to add up to 15GB because there was a 'system problem with the 15GB pack'. 

That's lasted 3 weeks and they've turned it off again tonight. Another phonecall (I'm getting wise to this now) and they've added 6GB to get things running again. So I remote in again. 2.81GB used according to the dongle. Apparently I need to phone up again when the 6GB is used to get them to add another 6GB pack to work round the 15GB issue

What a shambles! Apparently this is a known issue, but they are still selling ther 15GB pack....

So the 15GB pack seems totally broken! 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bruce123 It's disappointing to hear about the problems you've faced when using your Mobile Wi-Fi device. We'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

To do this we'll need to access your account, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch 😊

Hi,

For any potential vodafone mobile broadband customers out there. Heed my warning..

Dongle bought 27th Dec 2017, it came with 1GB of free 3G data

15GB of data purchased for £25 ~20th January 2018 when I used the 1GB of free data.

It is important to note this data pack should last for 90days of 15GB, whichever happens first

Since then... Nightmare...

It is important to note that the dongle is for my parents, who get 3G 'just' but are in a poor ADSL area with no chance of fibre. The Mobile braodband was for low useage, occasional emails etc...

PAYG data packs have never lasted longer then a week before I get the dreaded "top up needed webpage" when I try to access the internet. Now this is prompted, not by the VF WiFi hotspot but by the 'network'. This has resulted in weekly phonecalls to Tech Support who say the 15GB pack is 'broken' and has an issue. The say the smaller GB packs 'work' so they'll clear down the 15GB purchase and add smaller packs. I just need to phone when the data is consumed, state the problem is the 15GB 'issue' and thery'll add more data.

So 7 days ago 2GB was added. (6th time of phoning)

I reset the data counter on the router... 

14MB used on the router

<70MB used according to My Vodafone

and service has been turned off again

I have been a loyal VF customer for years, but this experience has been horrific. 

No support, no communication (despite promised callbacks)

No compensation

and more importantly, no service....

All I can do is urge people to consider other options - my experience has destroyed all faith I have in VF to deliver the service they promise, and I've paid for.

Buyer beware!

I look forward from any feedback here....

Bruce.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your mobile broadband device @Bruce123 and completely understand your frustration. 

When you contacted us via private message what did the team advise? If you'd like us to investigate further we'll be happy to pick this up for you again. 

I've sent you out another private message so you can contact us; so we can get this resolved for you once and for all. 

Sammie22_23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So this had happened to me twice now in the last week!!? I can't seem to get hold of anybody over the phone either, the automated service just keeps doing its best to send me a pointless text message. I'm now out £100 and have 0 Internet left with 2 kids that are home schooling tomorrow. Anybody know a way to get past the automated guard on the phone so I can try to fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sammie22_23, I'd recommend reaching out to our Social Media team here. They'll be able to investigate your account and help get this resolved for you.