Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using E172 Abroad..

bobman23
Not applicable
I have a Vodafone Huawei E172 USB Moderm and i would like to Unlock it. Secondly i am abroad, somewhere in West Africa and was wondering if it will be possible to use a local network SIM from here, which is not even on the vodafone network with this moderm. Please let me know what can be done and the procedures.

Thanks and wait to hear from you

Bob
8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi bobmiller,

You can indeed unlock your dongle ;)

Head over to our Network Unlock Codes (NUC) thread for more info on what you need to do to unlock your device.

Many thanks,

LeeH
eForum Team

PS - I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill in the feedback form in my signature. It's just a few quick questions and any additional comments as to how you think I'm doing.

Really need help. I got my unlocking code and unfortunately instructions on how to unlock a phone and not a dongle. After sometime and eventually going up the support ladder someone understood.

They told me to come to this forum where someone would tell me how to unlock the E172 dongle with the code vodaphone has provided. I would like to use the dongle with the dock R101 so as to share with my laptop and Ipad when travelling.

Hi coconell,

I have requested for the software you need to unlock you modem, once I have this we will be able to get this over to you.

James

Hi coconell,

Many thanks for your patience here.

Please find the unlocking tool required attached to my post and the password you need for the software is nuc.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Sorry been travelling and just back.

Tried the unlock code on the software you provided. Inserted the E172 into the laptop, ran the software, It gave the right IMEI.

Entered the code provided by the NUC resolutions.

Message from software:Unlock failed. Unlock not correct.

Please help

Hi coconell,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It looks like we will need to flag this back to our NUC Team for further investigation for you.

So that we can do this I have sent you a PM with our contact details, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team can get this escalated to the NUC Team.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Did what you said and I had a call while I was on the other line and requested a call back in 15 min. I was told by Simon that he would. I am still waiting many days later.

Hi coconell,

I believe that you have spoken to Holly over the weekend.

If you require any further assistance please let me know.

James