Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect SKY+ not connecting to On Demand or SKY+ Android App

Conshelf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Migrated from Demon Broadband to Vodafone Broadband on 23rd September.

Working through the minor issues, like email etc.

Final one is getting the SKY+ box to attach to the On Demand service and to get the Android SKY+ app to connect locally to the Sky+ box.

SKY+ is wire connection to the Connect router so IP address assigned, but Fail on connection to On Demand service.

SKY+ App fails to find local SKY+ box?

Anyone experiencing the same and has fixed?

16 REPLIES 16

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Conshelf - Call our support team on 08080 034 515 for help with this.

You can also take a look at our broadband support pages for further info.

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

Sky have had issues over the past few days as well think it started about the 9th that stopped on demand from working correctly and stopped you connecting to it I do belive it is now working http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Announcements/Problems-using-On-Demand-10-October-2015/m-p/2383152#M47

Thanks bazjohn11, SKY  On Demand now working but Android SKY+ Application will not connect. Ihave tested on the old Netgear system an it works, but not on the new Vodafone Connect Router. I have passed this back to Tech support to se if they have a fix, looks similar to the BT connect issue?

MadScientist
4: Newbie
Did you get this problem fixed? I have the same issue, just moved to Vodafone broadband and now I can only connect the sky+ app to the sky hd box on very rare occasions. Stays connected for a few minutes and then loses connection.

@MadScientist - As Jenny mentioned above give our support team a call on 08080 034 515 for help with this.

Same is happing to me 

When I ring Vodafone  technical Support .

They tell me to ring Sky.

Same for me!

Also doesn't work with my Pioneer Amp app that works with other routers (BT, Sky and regular D-Link DIR-655).

Vodafone doesn't allow you to switch out their router. Joy!

Sky, please work with Vodafone on this.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@abjabj wrote:

Sky, please work with Vodafone on this.

I think you'd be better placed posting this on the Sky Forum - they can look at what they need to do in order to change the app and Sky+ box to get them working. 

PWIAC

Er, the problem is with Vodafone's router and not with the Sky box. It works with a BT, Sky, or regular (e.g. Netgear) router. It seems to be the same issue that prevents my Pioneer amp connecting with the Android and iOS apps that also work with other routers.

WOuldn't be a problem if like all other ISP's you let us (the customer after all) use the router we prefer.

All very well having a fancy mobile app, but if it comes at the cost of functionality on your web interface or freedom of choice, then I am left regretting my 18 month choice.