Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Dongle proving to be a waste of time and money

djmw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A few months back, I purchased a dongle for a specific purpose - Internet accesss in Seaton, Devon, at a house with no phone line / broadband connection.
Vodafone sent a K3770 + SIM, which for some reason my Vaio wouldn't install, but I popped the supplied SIM into a K3805, which I already had, and bingo - I was connected to the 'net.

Unfortunately, this was pretty much as good as it got - the connection is extremely slow and frequently times out, rendering it essentially useless.

I've just come back from a trip to Stowmarket in Suffolk, and had the same problem there.
Is this a common problem? Is there a way around it? Or do I bin the contract and start again?

Any advice appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Nabs
17: Community Champion

I can see from the Coverage Map that the 3G internet coverage at the location you gie is pretty much non existant and connecting via a laptop is not recommended. This will be the cause of your issues.

Unfortunatly as you are out with your 7day cooling off period you will not be able to cancel the contract without paying the termination fee (if you got a 30 day contract a termination fee does not apply)

Thanks for that - I feel an argument coming on!

Nabs
Was there a reason for an oncoming argument?

If you have found yourself in a long contract that you no longer wish to continue you do have a couple of options:

1. You could terminate the contract by paying the termination fee
2. Find a friend or relative that can make use of the service and have the contract transferred to them.