Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Internet usage app

robbrandon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After getting rinsed by my daughter on internet charges I made her download the internet usage app.  There are no instructions though.  Why does it have 'Cellular' use in blue on the left and then 'wifi' use in green on the left?  Surely I only care about the 'cellular' use (which I assume is 3/4G use) as I won't be getting charged when she's using wifi?  Being a techie novice I might have totally got this wrong though.  Any advice appreciated.  Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

froggerty
16: Advanced member

Internet useage is 'mobile data' which is switchable within 'phone settings', look in the device settings for 'mobile data' and switch it off, if it's swirched on it will be green. I'm not sure what the App does or weather it does anything other than merely show you what internet you use up to the time you look at it. If you instruct your daughter to keep mobile data switched off and only use the internet on the phone when at home and connected to your home WiFi then you'll avoid any further rinsings.

Forgot to say, if you go over your monthly data limit you will be charged a minimum of £2 per day for what you use beyond your limit.

Having just got the 4G VMB Quickstart software on my laptop - it would be nice to have the current (accumulated) usage displayed on the default dashboard - rather than having to click on Settings (which takes ages to come up) and see it there......

Perhaps this could be fed back to the appropriate development team??

froggerty

I don't believe that any data useage App is particularly reliable or even accurate, if you look in your phones settings at 'mobile data', switch it on if it's off and it should show what you've used, but I would even question the accuracy of that.