Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband - Error Message When Trying To Logon

skyjet
Not applicable
Hi, my son has Windows Vista on a Advent laptop he has loaded the mobile conect software for the stick but keeps getting program error message when trying to log on, the message box says error conect \ opco\23415 uk prepay 23415.xml, i have tried uninstall and re install, the question is i can access the internet on this computer X P home edition can i download anything and burn it to a disc to put in his computer to try to fix it?.

Thank you, P mossop
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello P Mossop and welcome to the eForum

I am assuming that the initial installation of the program is going fine, i.e the VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect) software installs and gives an option to 'connect'? And it is at this point where your 23415 error occurs.

There are a few possibilities, one may be that the APN information is incorrect, or the other may be an issue with the sim connecting. You could try to insert the sim into a mobile phone and browse the internet to see if there is a reliable connection between the sim and the phone.

Additionally, you can also download the latest VMC software (depending on what version he has installed) from the Vodafone business website.

Instead of burning it to CD you may be better off simply transferring it to a usb stick then to your computer, please give this a shot and get back to us.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

jarviser
15: Advanced member
Did some searching. How about this fix from Jon last November....

"Hi guys,
I'm pleased to reveal I have some new fixes to dish out on this one!
1. Uninstall all version of .net framework using .Net framework cleanup tool
2. Install .net framework 2 SP1 or .net framework 3.5 SP1
3. Reboot and retest
Please let us know if this resolves the issue.
Jon
eForum Team
"

It fixed the "error conect \ opco\23415 uk prepay 23415.xml" error message for several forum readers!

skyjet
Not applicable

Hello P Mossop and welcome to the eForum

I am assuming that the initial installation of the program is going fine, i.e the VMC (Vodafone Mobile Connect) software installs and gives an option to 'connect'? And it is at this point where your 23415 error occurs.

There are a few possibilities, one may be that the APN information is incorrect, or the other may be an issue with the sim connecting. You could try to insert the sim into a mobile phone and browse the internet to see if there is a reliable connection between the sim and the phone.

Additionally, you can also download the latest VMC software (depending on what version he has installed) from the Vodafone business website.

Instead of burning it to CD you may be better off simply transferring it to a usb stick then to your computer, please give this a shot and get back to us.

Thanks

Reidar

eForum Team

Hi, thank you for your help managed to install the downloaded software and install on the vista computer no error messages like when loading the software from the dongle.

A box now shows saying add device ,it is allready filled in with ex160 set as default the id on the dongle says, FCC ID QUISK 3565 MODEL K3565 HS DPA USB STICK, the question is is it ok to click add device with the info EX 160 that is showing or do i need to alter this to the dongle id?.

Thank you for any advice P Mossop

jarviser

Hi, thank you for your help managed to install the downloaded software and install on the vista computer no error messages like when loading the software from the dongle.

A box now shows saying add device ,it is allready filled in with ex160 set as default the id on the dongle says, FCC ID QUISK 3565 MODEL K3565 HS DPA USB STICK, the question is is it ok to click add device with the info EX 160 that is showing or do i need to alter this to the dongle id?.

Thank you for any advice P Mossop

Vodafone K3565 is a rebranded Huawei E160X. Try just OK'ing it as it is already filled-in.

More important if using downloaded software is to have the right APN setting in the network profile, and to have account type set either for Contract or Prepaid (you didn't say what you had)

3GB 30 day Prepaid APN is PPBUNDLE.INTERNET
Unexpiring Prepaid APN is PP.INTERNET
Contract APN is INTERNET

Somebody correct this if wrong!

skyjet
Not applicable

Did some searching. How about this fix from Jon last November....

"Hi guys,
I'm pleased to reveal I have some new fixes to dish out on this one!
1. Uninstall all version of .net framework using .Net framework cleanup tool
2. Install .net framework 2 SP1 or .net framework 3.5 SP1
3. Reboot and retest
Please let us know if this resolves the issue.
Jon
eForum Team
"

It fixed the "error conect \ opco\23415 uk prepay 23415.xml" error message for several forum readers!

Hi, thank you for your advice but have found the Windows Vista on my sons computer has multiple registry problems that are affecting the connection, i will try your advice when i have sorted the registry problems.

Thank you P Mossop

skyjet
Not applicable

Vodafone K3565 is a rebranded Huawei E160X. Try just OK'ing it as it is already filled-in.

More important if using downloaded software is to have the right APN setting in the network profile, and to have account type set either for Contract or Prepaid (you didn't say what you had)

3GB 30 day Prepaid APN is PPBUNDLE.INTERNET
Unexpiring Prepaid APN is PP.INTERNET
Contract APN is INTERNET

Somebody correct this if wrong!

Hi, thank you for your help i have set all the above as advised and it all seemed ok but then i have found multiple registry problems with Vista that i am sure are not allowing the conection eg error code 1068 and 1747.
I will try and sort these and have another go.

Thank you P Mossop.

Retired-Moderat
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi p mossop

Can you confirm you have managed to get this working? Looking at your last post your all up and running however you have mentioned something around error codes your still receiving?

If you still require a little further help then please give us a shout and we'll be in touch.

Thanks
Vodafone Fast Response