Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband - I'm Getting Slow Connection Speeds

cots2010
Not applicable
Gah right just tried to contact so called support, spoke to someone but got cut off midway then I tried again took me half hour and five phonecalls only to be told they had gone home.

Basically I have connection (blue solid light) 3G plus, was told that's the very best signal I can get. However the connection on my laptop continually says its very poor and the internet takes forever to load, its not my laptop as I have two (one brand new) and it happens on both. Now the support woman before I got cut off that should go to manage devices and...then nothing!

Can you please help as I've just wasted half hour on support line!

Not happy!
5 REPLIES 5

welshrosco
4: Newbie
Depending on what operating system u have u can find manage devicea a few ways, but i think she was going to ask once in manage devices look down the list for the vodafone device to make sure it desnt have (!) Next to it as this would suggest a problem. If u have a mobile phone thats takes vodafone sim put the sim in it start it up, connect to the internet and see if there is any difference. By doing this u should refresh the sim on the network as i was once told and when using back in the dongle it should be back to full connection. If not maybe worth popping instore with it for it to be checked.
Have u tried using it in a different place inside and out? If so what were the deifferences?

cots2010
Not applicable

Depending on what operating system u have u can find manage devicea a few ways, but i think she was going to ask once in manage devices look down the list for the vodafone device to make sure it desnt have (!) Next to it as this would suggest a problem. If u have a mobile phone thats takes vodafone sim put the sim in it start it up, connect to the internet and see if there is any difference. By doing this u should refresh the sim on the network as i was once told and when using back in the dongle it should be back to full connection. If not maybe worth popping instore with it for it to be checked.
Have u tried using it in a different place inside and out? If so what were the deifferences?

Thanks welshroco, its the same all over the house and outside. Tried putting it in phone but its locked for vodafone so may pop into a branch in the hope its easier than trying to phone!

welshrosco
4: Newbie
when u open the dashboard go to view and available connections does it allow u to switch to another provider as this will completely remove u from the network then go back and select vodafone. esentially im trying to get the sim to manual roam itself back to a full connection. if not just select vodafone as this may just refresh it.

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi cots2010

Thanks to welshrosco, who's covered all the initial basic stuff for us here. :)

If you are still having issues after trying these suggestions, just let us know via the thread, and we can assist further.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Basically I have connection (blue solid light) 3G plus, was told that's the very best signal I can get.

Having a dark blue light means it has found and connected to a 2100MHz (3G) mast. It does not tell you anything about either signal strength or available transmission speed. If it never changes to light blue (3G+) when loading a web page then you are too far away to get 3g+

Signal strength is only shown on the VMC dashboard and if it's poor with a dark blue LED it means you have a marginal 3G connection that could be as low as 100kbps which will give a slow screen refresh where there are graphics.

Locate your 2100MHz Vodafone mast, go nearer and see if it improves. If it does, you simply live too far away from the VF mast.