cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband - What Are The Email SMTP Server Settings?

dazlicous
4: Newbie
does anyone know what settings to use for the smtp servers.

i have a ntlworld email account that i would like to send email from when i use the vodafone mobile broadband.

when i had tmobile i use to just add t-email.co.uk and it would send ok but i can't seen to get it working now since switching to vodafone
15 REPLIES 15

ElCapitan
does anyone know what settings to use for the smtp servers.

i have a ntlworld email account that i would like to send email from when i use the vodafone mobile broadband.

when i had tmobile i use to just add t-email.co.uk and it would send ok but i can't seen to get it working now since switching to vodafone

Your best bet would probably be setting up an account on www.360.com primarily for the use of their smtp server. Once you've set up an account, you can then use smtp.360.com (along with the username and password used on setup) on whichever program you're using to send emails (Outlook etc.).

Alternatively, you can set up for a Gmail account or something similar and use their outgoing server.

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Dazlicous.

It looks like ElCapitan has beaten me to the punch. Thanks ElCapitan!!

I would suggest setting up a 360 account and using that.

all the best
BenJ_Vodafone
eForum Team

dazlicous
Your best bet would probably be setting up an account on www.360.com primarily for the use of their smtp server. Once you've set up an account, you can then use smtp.360.com (along with the username and password used on setup) on whichever program you're using to send emails (Outlook etc.).

Alternatively, you can set up for a Gmail account or something similar and use their outgoing server.

can you use a hotmail account has the server

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey there Dazlicous (great name btw B-)

Yes! You can use your outgoing Hotmail server, but you may find success in sending rather erratic - we've noticed that some users have no problem, whilst the vast majority will. We've alerted Microsoft of this many times, but te situation is that the Hotmail servers do often recognise our IP's as spam, and disregard all mail connections from us. This is why we recommend using our alternate SMTP's instead.

Let us know how you get on, and if we can help further!

Daz

eForum Team

dazlicous
Hey there Dazlicous (great name btw B-)

Yes! You can use your outgoing Hotmail server, but you may find success in sending rather erratic - we've noticed that some users have no problem, whilst the vast majority will. We've alerted Microsoft of this many times, but te situation is that the Hotmail servers do often recognise our IP's as spam, and disregard all mail connections from us. This is why we recommend using our alternate SMTP's instead.

Let us know how you get on, and if we can help further!

Daz

eForum Team

still can't get it to send emails using a vodafone connection
i have signed to a 360 account and entered the following setting in outlook 2007

out going mail smtp.360.com
require logon using spa ticked it
then clicked more settings
out going sever tap
ticked logon using and then entered my 360 details user name and password

but when sending emails they fail

bacupian
still can't get it to send emails using a vodafone connection
i have signed to a 360 account and entered the following setting in outlook 2007

out going mail smtp.360.com
require logon using spa ticked it
then clicked more settings
out going sever tap
ticked logon using and then entered my 360 details user name and password

but when sending emails they fail

Try without spa and from "advanced" tab enter 465 as port and select ssl

David

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Thanks David, that's just what I was about to say!

Jon

eForum Team

dazlicous
Thanks David, that's just what I was about to say!

Jon

eForum Team

i still can't get it to send email from a ntlworld email address with the settings above just says error

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
hi Dazilicious

Thanks for getting back to us, I’m afraid I may be joining the conversation a little late and am equally out of additional ideas concerning getting the ntl email to work, :(

The earlier suggestion (by ElCaptain) is worth noting though as Gmail has the ability to 'import mail' and send as specified accounts, in this case, as your ntl address, this can be found in the Gmail settings panel.

Alternatively trying to setup the email address from scratch is worth a try. (in outlook).

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team