Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle 3770 - no device, RAS error 770

ChloeForbes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought Vodafone Mobile Broadband dongle 3770 a while ago and it worked fine on my very old laptop. I am using it with a contract rather than pay as you go/top up. I am trying to use it now on my new Dell Ultrabook and it won’t work. There are a couple of issues.

1)     It seems to think I am using it with a top up which I am not. I can only get the Vodafone Mobile Broadband lite software to install (I think) and there is nowhere to tell it that I have contract. It never gave me an option to select the type of payment method I am on.

2)     Often I don’t even get that far and it shows no device is being picked up by my computer despite the fact that it registered the dongle enough to install the software.

3)     Sometimes I get an error message RAS error 770.

I have no access to an alternative internet connection so saying download some extra software is as good as useless as clearly that is the problem. I'd be really grateful for some step-by-step instructions to help me here.

1 REPLY 1

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ChloeForbes

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

The first thing you would need to do is download the latest software for your device which can be found here.

You will also need to amend the APN settings in for your dongle, this can be found in the Dashboard from the software you have just downloaded and you will need to select the option to show you are using a contract dongle.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?:smileyvery-happy: