cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Connect - Error 2738. Could Not Access Vbscript Run Time For Custom Action.

Twinkletoes_99
Not applicable
Hi, I have a Vodafone K3520 Modem Stick Lite I am trying to install it onto a TOSHIBA SATELLITE A30-931. It starts the installation but shortly after a window pops up and says " Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action " Also when I run the disk I got with the dongle it asks me to select the provider I have the contract with, when i select Vodafone UK and click Next it says that the installation has been interupted, but I haven't interupted it...
I don't have a clue what a VBScript is or what the installation disc is doing... The dongle works fine on my PC, I was thinking the reason for the dongle not working on the laptop may be because I already have it installed on another computer. I really don't have a clue so any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.
2 REPLIES 2

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Your PC does not have the necessary version of VBScript installed - if you google on the error message, one of the results will give you the solution.
Neil

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Twinkletoes_99,

Follow the instructions on this website for details of how to fix this particular issue :)

Let us know if you have any problems!

Jon

eForum Team