cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite and Windows 7 install issues.

G-A-R-Y
Not applicable
Dear Vodafone tech guy.

I've just bought a brand new dell Inspiron Mini 10v. Windows 7 Starter.

I tried to install VMC from the USB modem (model KC3565) but can not.

I downloaded Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite (v9.4.2) and tried to install from that but again failed.

I get the following error message half way through instalation.

"Error2203.Database:C:\Windows\Installer\71c29:ipi
Can not open data base file.
System error-2147287035"

The computer is as new, no other programs added. Is VMC compatable with windows 7.
If not, when will Vodafone release updated software. I've searched the net and it appears this is a common issue.
Regards Gary.
9 REPLIES 9

G-A-R-Y
Not applicable
Dear Vodafone tech guy.

I've just bought a brand new dell Inspiron Mini 10v. Windows 7 Starter.

I tried to install VMC from the USB modem (model KC3565) but can not.

I downloaded Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite (v9.4.2) and tried to install from that but again failed.

I get the following error message half way through instalation.

"Error2203.Database:C:\Windows\Installer\71c29:ipi
Can not open data base file.
System error-2147287035"

The computer is as new, no other programs added. Is VMC compatable with windows 7.
If not, when will Vodafone release updated software. I've searched the net and it appears this is a common issue.
Regards Gary.

I've spent hours reading and finally I have managed to install VMC by using the Windows 7 Compatability feature and setting it to Vista, where the device works well on another machine (using Vista)
On the new computer the device is found and opens VMC, the network is found (Vodafone) but when I click "connect" I get error message RAS 619.
Advice please.

G-A-R-Y
Not applicable
After uninstalling and reinstalling and then running as Administrator I have successfully installed VMC lite from the dongle.
However once inserted, started and connected I have no phone number displayed.
If I go to help/diagnostics no number is shown.
If I could resolve this one issue I'd be a happy man.

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi G-A-R-Y,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

I'm sorry to hear of your mobile broadband issues, I'm confident I can help you resolve these though :). Is this is the PAYG modem that you're using? If so then error 619 is often caused by the software trying to connect with the Contract Settings or vice versa. I'd recommend going to Tools > Account type and ensuring it is set correctly.

Let me know how you get on :).

George
eForum Team

G-A-R-Y
Not applicable
Hi G-A-R-Y,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :) .

I'm sorry to hear of your mobile broadband issues, I'm confident I can help you resolve these though :) . Is this is the PAYG modem that you're using? If so then error 619 is often caused by the software trying to connect with the Contract Settings or vice versa. I'd recommend going to Tools > Account type and ensuring it is set correctly.

Let me know how you get on :) .

George
eForum Team

Thanks for getting back to me.
I spent an hour on the phone to technical @ Vodafone PAYG.
After mucking around with loads of setting and getting nowhere we tried making a new account.
In the new account we set the APN to PP.Internet, just like in the old software.(9.3)
I then told it to connect automatically to the new account (named Internet) and set Vodafone to manual.
This worked and resolved my problem.
So unfortunately it looks like it was Vodafone's software?
Regards.

Windows7Guy
Not applicable
Hello GARY,

Have you checked compatibility?
Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibi...us/default.aspx
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support

bigrob
4: Newbie
For anyone with Windows 7 this is what worked for me.

Download and install the latest VF software

VF Connect 9.4.6

Install that. Then plug your dongle in. If it's not recognised have a look at this - worked for me.

Win 7 fix for VF dongle
"The customer is never wrong, merely confused"

Photographers do it in 1/1,000th of a second...but the memory lasts forever!

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi G-A-R-Y,

Has Windows7Guy and BigRob's advice helped at all? If not, can you post an update please? I am confident that we can get this resolved for you!

Daz

eForum Team

midnightrider
Not applicable
We have 10 vodaphone dongles used by mobile employees.

I have just had the same issue with a 64x win 7 tosh pro.
installed the mobile connect lite which came with the dongle and i shows as no device connected. So I called vodaphone in EGYPT?????? and was told to download V10 off the website and uninstall v9 which i installed vis dongle's virtual cd flash drive. re install v10. This done I still get not connected plus an anoying promt telling me to delete and recreate the modem.

I have tried the fix above on version 10 but it did not work for me.
May try it with v9 of the software and see.

I think it is the software/driver which has an isssue with 64bit so i called vodaphone in INDIA?????? and as told by thier second line support that as the dongle worked on another machine and the software was the latest version i should 'CHECK THE WINDOWS MR PAUL' .....GRRRRRRRR..........

Guess what my answer was????

Use the free BT dongle i got with an office broardband connection i had fitted.
worked first time. Go figure BT and all !!!LOL!!!

guess its good by to the 10 other vodaphone dongles in the near futer is i put more Windows 7 laptops out thier.

VODAPHONE if your out there and care sort your act out its been well over 12months people have been having this issue.

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello midnightrider and welcome to the eForum

Hmm, does not sound like you've had a good experience there.

Could you go ahead and try the fix but using the latest version 9 of the software, VMC 9.4.6 downloadable from the Vodafone Business site, it has also been linked to in this thread.

Please be sure to uninstall all traces of VMC before restarting and installing the newly downloaded version. may be worth clearing out your modem 'instances in the process too:

1. Control panel

2. Phone and Modem

3. Advanced

4. Remove all instances of Huwei or Globetrotter

Please continue to keep us updated.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team