Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone R207 PAYG says connected but I can't connect to the internet

natashamaryh
1: Seeker

I have a unlocked vodafone r207 and a vodafine mobile broadband sim inside. All the lights are green and not flashing.

I used to have a three sim in it, until it showed up with a message saying that I need to put the sim in a phone as it wouldn't work with the R207.

So I took the three sim out and put the vodafone one in, and I know this sim is specifically for R207 as I got it with it. When I go onto 192.168.0.1 (it automatically loads up every time I connect to the R207) I changed the APN settings to the vodafone ones, and it said it was connected. But when googling something, it doesn't work.

Now the connection mode is back to automatic. With these settings:

account type: PAYG 1GB
IP type: IPv4 + IPv6
Idle time: 3600

it says the sim is not storred but says it's connected.

In the right hand column, the settings are:
the signal is 5 bars
time connected: 01:02:13
total volume: 87.26GB
up: 12.72 Kb/s (varies from 0kb/s - 20kb/s constantly)
down: this is usually 0b/s but sometimes goes up to maximum 2 b/s

wifi status is enabled

also worth noting that i got this message through:
It looks like you’ve swapped your SIM or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn’t support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo
but that just takes me to a page to top up my sim for mobile broadband.
I think the sim I have in now needs topping up, but I had another vodafone sim in there at first which did have data on it and it wasn't working still except instead of taking me to a page to top it up, it took me to a page about different settings for devices. 

I understand why the three sim stopped working in there because it isn't allowed but surely the vodafone mobile broadband sim card should be working!? isn't that what it's made for?

Can anyone help?
Really frustrating because I have no other source of internet and I’m in the dark

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@natashamaryh

Welcome to the eForum.

Please have a look our mobile broadband troubleshooting steps to see if this resolves the issue.

Cutoff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Mine is the opposite problem!

After a month of trying I finally got my R207 unlocked (at least I think it is!)

I put a 3 sim in it because of a lack of Vodafone signal at a venue that I use but got the message 'Disconnected'.

the rest of the RH side panel says it's a 3 sim on 3uk so it seems to recognise the sim - just that it won't connect it to the Internet.

Any other posts I've seen about this usually say "contact 3 for the settings"

The question remains - does the fact that the panel recognises a 3 sim mean that the device is really unlocked?

And of course what do I do to get it to connect???