Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone R216 4G Mi-FI 6GB

peterh42
2: Seeker

I bought this Mi-Fi unit to use with Xbox Live on XBox One.

When my XBox One connects to it, it shows Strict NAT on it so will not allow me to match against other people on Fifa 16.

I spoke to helpdesk at Vodafone the other day and they removed the Adult blocking (as you need to be over 18 to use XBox Live).

Does anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

peterh42

Update on this topic.

Spoke to TP-Link whose router I am now using and they said I need Vodafone to open up the Xbox ports for my IP Address.

I have opened them on my router so how do I get Vodafone to open these ports up?

Well spoke to Vodafone technical support and they said that they don't offer public ip addresses.

So their wifi mobile sims are not suitable for use with game consoles, even though their blurb says they are.

The attraction of the game consoles is the social use and if you cannot, for example find someone to play against on Fifa 16 because the internet service you have has a strict NAT, it is useless.

I did suggest to the technical support that they need to remove this from the adverts.

Well looks like I may try Three as they seem to offer public ip addresses.

Good news.  Got a Three sim and set the APN up to point at the three servers.

Now I have a public IP Address.

So anyone who wants to use the Xbox live fully instead of the crippled version Vodafone offer, go to Three.