Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone disabled my sim!!

mskhan2016
2: Seeker
So I got a mobile broadband dongle with a 30 days rolling contract from Vodafone. At first it didn't work so I took it to the store and they said that the number wasn't tied to anything so they issued a new number for me. Today I called the customer service and explained to them that I'll have home internet from the 17th and won't be needing this contract from the next month. They said that's fine and said they'd cancel my contract from next month. I had used 11 gb out of 30. I got an email from them saying that they received my device from me that I sent back ( which I did not)! So I came home and connected my dongle and now it has red LED on and can't even find network. Did they just disable my sim altogether from right now?

Bonus question: if I go to my account, it doesn't show my number anymore. But it still shows the previous number which wasn't activated. Will they bill me for that?
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @mskhan2016

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by the experience you're having. I can imagine that this must be frustrating for you, and I'm disappointed to hear that it's taking a while to get this sorted for you.

Have you had a chance to pop back into your local store regarding this matter? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

mskhan2016
@BandOfBrothers

Only an exorcism is left at this point. Tried everything.

@Sarah

Yes! It was the store that confirmed that the sim had been disabled. They sent in another request to enable it and promised me that the sim would start working from 8 PM yesterday. Of course it never started working. They told me to call them in case it doesn't work. I called them only to realise that the number forwards me to the generic Vodafone CS team. What a shame!

All I wanted was to be connected to the World Wide Web for the few days my new place won't have internet. My Sky home internet should go live from or after midnight today. Vodafone managed to make me wait the whole time without internet. 10 mins ago, a customer service person told me that they managed to disable the wrong sim and enable the right one and it should start working in about an hour. Now I'm waiting for someone to process my 30 day notice.

Update: They are saying that I have to wait a few days and then they will send me a new SIM card for the same damn number. My home internet should start working from midnight tonight. I told them to just cancel everything. Terminate all the numbers and to not send any more of anything related to Vodafone. I didn't get to use what I paid for but now will have to pay for it. Not to mention the hours I spent talking to customer service this many times and visiting their stores twice! The most god awful ##~## service providers I've ever dealt with.

I really don't know what more I can say without breaking the language code of this forum. Disgusting company!

Thank you for updating me, @mskhan2016

I've sent you a private message detailing how our team can get this looked into fully for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah