Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone disabled my sim!!

mskhan2016
2: Seeker
So I got a mobile broadband dongle with a 30 days rolling contract from Vodafone. At first it didn't work so I took it to the store and they said that the number wasn't tied to anything so they issued a new number for me. Today I called the customer service and explained to them that I'll have home internet from the 17th and won't be needing this contract from the next month. They said that's fine and said they'd cancel my contract from next month. I had used 11 gb out of 30. I got an email from them saying that they received my device from me that I sent back ( which I did not)! So I came home and connected my dongle and now it has red LED on and can't even find network. Did they just disable my sim altogether from right now?

Bonus question: if I go to my account, it doesn't show my number anymore. But it still shows the previous number which wasn't activated. Will they bill me for that?
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @mskhan2016

I think this is going to need account access. 

Plesse use Live Chat or ring from a working Vodafone sim on 191 or Landline Tel :03333040191 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

mskhan2016
I can't get access to live chat since I don't have internet access. I can try inserting the SIM card into my phone and ringing customer service but that'd mean that I'd have to take the nano sim out of the full size sim. Is it possible to put it back after I do that? If not, my sim will become useless for using in the dongle.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Yes the multi sim in my experience is designed to work that way. 

You could ring them on a landline. 

Landline Tel :03333040191

Current Phone  >

mskhan2016
I tried to put the sim in my phone and no matter what I do, it says "No network".

I don't have a landline or home broadband as I just moved into this place. This dongle was supposed to give me some internet connection for the time being. It hand one job!

I'll try talking to customer support using the other number.

BandOfBrothers

It certainly appears then they have fully disabled the SIM card if your seeing 'No Service '.  :Sad_face:

If you have trouble then if local and convenient your Vodafone Highstreet Store maybe able to help. 

Current Phone  >

mskhan2016
Was on the phone with them. After 4 transfers they said that my request to end my contract from next month has been misplaced as a request to return what I purchased. Therefore, they disabled the SIM card. Having said that, they still haven't fixed the problem. They asked me to wait for their call. Let's wait and see what they do about it.

mskhan2016
Update: after that many transfers and calling me back, yet another transfer followed by disconnecting after waiting! This is the most clueless telephone based CS I've ever dealt with.

mskhan2016
Update: went to the store today and they explained that somehow the previous sim that didn't work started working. They said to bring the bill to them and they'd nullify the bill for that. As for my current sim that's disabled, they said that it'd be active by 8 pm today. Guess what? It's still not active. I'm beginning to doubt if the customer service/tech people are making stuff up,

BandOfBrothers

:Sad_face:

Can I ask if you've tried a reboot by turning the phone off and on. 

Current Phone  >